My "new and improved" site

thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
edited March 16, 2010 in Landscapes
I haven't been posting here much the past few weeks, because I've been busy helping redesign my website. Actually I wasn't helping much at all...just nitpicking and troubleshooting. :D

Jerry Roek (web designer) and Melissa Carlos (artist) deserve all the credit for the look of my new website. They both did a wonderful job, and I couldn't be happier. A blog section has been well integrated with the Smugmug site. Please have a look, comment on my first blog and/or a few photos, and sign the guest book, if you have time. I'd really appreciate it! :D

Here's the site: StarvingPhotographer

Thank you! :D

And here's a landscape image, so the post is legit. :D

804095684_4DnmZ-XL-3.jpg
Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com

Comments

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2010
    Fabulous Mahesh. I love the layout of the site, and of course your photos are exquisite.

I just spent about 20 minutes looking at your shots from DV, because I am headed that way at the end of March. Given my aching body and bad foot, will I be able to get reasonable shots without too much hiking?
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2010
    dlplumer wrote:
    Fabulous Mahesh. I love the layout of the site, and of course your photos are exquisite.

I just spent about 20 minutes looking at your shots from DV, because I am headed that way at the end of March. Given my aching body and bad foot, will I be able to get reasonable shots without too much hiking?

Thanks, bud! Ya, a lot of shots are easily accessible from the car or a short hike. The only part that may give you some trouble are the sand dunes. It can be a chore hiking up the dunes to get to the perfect spot, often high above. Plus, walking on sand sucks...for every two steps you climb up, you "fall back" one step. :D

The ride to The Racetrack can be a little rough...suggest a 4X4. The bumpy ride itself may aggravate your back.

I think you'll be alright. Just take it slow and give yourself plenty of time to get to where you have to go. Carry lots of water, even in the winter. There's a reason it's known as Death Valley. :D

Good luck and I hope you have a save and productive trip. Can't wait to see your shots! thumb.gif

Mahesh
  • HowitzerHowitzer Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited March 14, 2010
    new web site looks awesome. very easy to navigate and find what your looking for.
    http://3dogphotos.smugmug.com

Equipment: a whole bunch of black cylinders full of polished glass that cost way to much that I just had to have...
  • Alpha_PlusAlpha_Plus Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2010
    I love the image you felt obligated to post :D - Great clear capture clap.gif

I like the idea of the website - if it looked like it is supposed to, I'm fairly sure it would be fantastic, however, this is a cut out of what it looks like on my browser.

Starving Photographer.jpg

I use Safari on a Mac. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this? I checked it out on Firefox and it works much better...

Hope you can solve this problem Mahesh

[EDIT: A few refreshes have solved the problem.. I don't know what the issue was in the first place]
    Karl Lindsay
    Nikon D600
    Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 | Nikkor 50mm f/1.8
    Induro CT-014 Tripod
    karllindsayphotography.com | Photos on Facebook | 500px
    edited March 14, 2010
    Howitzer wrote:
    new web site looks awesome. very easy to navigate and find what your looking for.

Thank you very much for looking! I really appreciate it. :D

Mahesh
    edited March 14, 2010
    Alpha_Plus wrote:
    I love the image you felt obligated to post :D - Great clear capture clap.gif

I like the idea of the website - if it looked like it is supposed to, I'm fairly sure it would be fantastic, however, this is a cut out of what it looks like on my browser.

Starving Photographer.jpg

I use Safari on a Mac. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this? I checked it out on Firefox and it works much better...

Hope you can solve this problem Mahesh

[EDIT: A few refreshes have solved the problem.. I don't know what the issue was in the first place]

Karl,

Thanks for the feedback...that is very strange. I have no idea what happened earlier. I too use Mac OSX and Safari...the site never did anything like to me...I'm just glad it's not doing it anymore! :D I really appreciate your taking the time to make a screen shot and for going back. thumb.gif

Mahesh
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2010
    Mahesh,
    The new site looks SWEET!! I've got some ideas in mind about changing mine, but just haven't found the energy to dive in yet. Nicely done! thumb.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
    edited March 14, 2010
    CWSkopec wrote:
    Mahesh,
    The new site looks SWEET!! I've got some ideas in mind about changing mine, but just haven't found the energy to dive in yet. Nicely done! thumb.gif

Thanks, Chris! I appreciate the kind words, bud. I know when you do get around to the website, you'll do a fabulous job, if your images are any indication. thumb.gif

Mahesh
  • JoashotsJoashots Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    Nicely laid out. The Blog is definitely a nice addition, and thanks for sharing your insights. Look forward to visiting often.
    Joash R

If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. - Samuel Butler
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    Nice job Mahesh! I've heard a lot of good things about Jerry and this is a great site chock full o' great information and (of course) fantastic photos! I'll have to pass this one out to my colleagues as an example of just how much you can do with SM Customization. :D

(Laughing.gif I love your galleries: "Very recent" And "Kinda Recent")
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    Good Job Mahesh mwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2010
    thapamd wrote:
    I
    Jerry Roek (web designer) and Melissa Carlos (artist) deserve all the credit for the look of my new website. They both did a wonderful job, and I couldn't be happier. A blog section has been well integrated with the Smugmug site. Please have a look, comment on my first blog and/or a few photos, and sign the guest book, if you have time. I'd really appreciate it! :D
    You may have an issue with the center section of the opening page - it doesn't resize with changes in the size of the browser window. I know this as, when I first opened the site, I got just a very little bit of the photos on either side of the center section and got to wondering what I was missing - so I played around with my browser until I was able to better characterize your site's behavior. Because there's no horizontal slider (at least not on my browser - IE 7.0.5730.13) a guest to your site could very well be limited on what he/she can read if they have a smaller monitor.