Options

Do I need Model release for Event shoot?

rj-imagingrj-imaging Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited March 13, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
I will be shooting a city-wide Event for a local city in a few weeks. The city is my client. If I am shooting people photos do I need to have a model release signed for every person I take a photo of?

The photos may be used by the city group for their website and or a brochure produced by them.

Your thoughts?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

~Bob

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2010
    I don't suppose your a PPA member......they have downloadable contracts and releases............

RESULTS OF A GOOGLE SEARCH FOR PHOTO MODEL RELEASES .........

if you are shooting in public places outdoors you should not need any releases.......however you may want to consult with that cities city attorney since they are your client.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 13, 2010
    Bob - welcome to dGrin :D

at the top of the MYOB forum you'll find a stickie thread titled "photographer's resources" where you'll find lots of useful information on this and other matters

thumb.gif
  • Options
    rj-imagingrj-imaging Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited March 13, 2010
    Art and Angelo:

Thank you both for your responses. I will check out the resources you have recommended.

BTW Art: I was a PPA member about 25 years ago and last month I went on their website, filled out a request for more information. I am still waiting to hear from anyone there.

Best regards,

Bob
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,914 moderator
    edited March 13, 2010
    If you're shooting a city wide event and they've contracted you to shoot; you might be covered already. A quick call to the organizer should help determine whether participants have signed a model release by way of their entry to the event.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?