Self portrait

Raina.RaeRaina.Rae Registered Users Posts: 205 Major grins
edited March 14, 2010 in People
This is my second attempt at a self portrait. I'm finding one of the hardest things is figuring out how to pose, and keep my eyes open. Of the 40 pictures I took I think these are probably the best 3. coments welcome.

1)809335524_CEuf8-M.jpg

2)809335625_w9Wo3-M.jpg

3)809335580_q93iu-M.jpg

Comments

• SvennieSvennie Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2010
    I like #3: nice and dreamy.

2 tips: try to use an off-camera flash. This will add some shadows for more 'depth'. And for pose: place your head a little bit higher and turn it down while you look into the camera. This will place your eyes off centre and it'll give you an even more dreamy look (I hope mwink.gif

Anyway, good job on the self portrait session!
  • HowitzerHowitzer Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited March 14, 2010
    #3 is my favorite as well, I think they all could use more light though, 1 and 2 kind of look odd with the pillow, the pillow is so dark its blending in with the background, you can tell something is there but not sure what. 1 also would look better if your glasses didnt cut your eyelashes in half.

But I do agree, pretty good, you're hellava lot more photogenic than me....rolleyes1.gif
    http://3dogphotos.smugmug.com

Equipment: a whole bunch of black cylinders full of polished glass that cost way to much that I just had to have...
  • Raina.RaeRaina.Rae Registered Users Posts: 205 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2010
    Thank you for the suggestions I'll try them next time. I'm still getting use to using a flash. I usually use natural light, but it was a pretty rainy day so very little light was coming into the big windows I use for lighting.