Options

Tough E-shoot...

zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
edited March 20, 2010 in Weddings
So I have been really lucky lately with really great couples to shoot.
This latest couple I needed to pull out all the tricks. They arrived to jazzed up and once I got them calmed down they bonked...bouncing off the walls to no energy at all. Their body types made them difficult to pose together and they were limited physically as to what they could do comfortably.... then sun chose this day to come out...so the main spot they were excited about shooting was in complete full sun and we could not shoot there... and well you get the picture.
So a 1 hour E shoot stretched to 2.5 hours....
Shot about 50-50 with the 85 1.4 and natural light and then the 70-200 with just a bare sb800 for flash.
Here is the gallery link if you are interested in having a look:
http://alloutdoor.smugmug.com/Engagement-galleries/Lindsay-and-Brandon/11501754_Y9KC6#809367733_BjwDw

809425541_wrgnQ-O.jpg

Comments

• Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2010
    Well that shot is super cool! I love the motion of the escalator! Great idea!

I can see what you mean about your difficulty... with her eyes partially closed in most of them... plus body types... plus eye glasses! The one consolation is that they probably have a mirror at home... and know what they look like. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    MelMcClainMelMcClain Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited March 14, 2010
    I think you did a great job with the subjects given to work with. You never really can choose your subjects but as photographers, it's always our job to make people look good and I really think you did great. I like the lines and depth of focus you had done with some of the street images. Not to be rude at all but her shoes were a major distraction for me, however again.. something that we really cannot control. So one side note question... It looks like you had taken some in a mall setting? Did you ask permission to photograph there or is that a free for all?
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2010
    Thanks Heather,
    Yes I must have deleted 100 pictures because the eyes were closed.

Thanks MelMcClain,
    Yes that the way I look at it as well, gotta love the challenge.
    Not really a mall, just a bunch of second level shops with a public hall coming from a parking garage.
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2010
    I think that you did pretty well all things considered. There are a handful of images that are just super-cute and I'm sure they'll love (e.g., the one you posted here, #9 in the gallery, #46...).

I haven't really had much experience shooting someone I didn't jive with very well, but it's clear from your gallery that you can still get a few winners in that situation.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    I think you did well. Really like #29 of this set. Their clothing choices really didn't help either of their body types.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    MissBMissB Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2010
    I think you did a stellar job, especially concidering what you had to work with. Im sure they will be very pleased. great job!
    Baby number 4: BUNDLEBOO
    Newest baby: R.Gonzalez PHOTOGRAPHY or HERE
    My rambling addiction: Crunchy Monkeys
    facebook fan page: R.Gonzalez photography
    :ivar
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2010
    Appreciate all the comments, thanks for taking the time.
    The couple looked at the gallery yesterday and they were very happy with the gallery and surprised that they looked like they were energetic and having fun.

They explained that they had not eaten since breakfast and they were starving, and that is why they bonked half on hour into the shoot.
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2010
    2 Things

1. great job..the photos are very , very well thought out and overall, very nicely lit and composed.

2. thank you so very much for keeping the camera info on in your gallery. It is truly a great learning tool for those of us always learning!

cheers,
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2010