ATTENTION Everybody

leftcoast650leftcoast650 Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
edited March 16, 2010 in Cameras
Hey guys so unfortunately last Friday night I had my car broken into and I never usually leave my stuff inside, but I was rushing around to get out of town and left my camera bag in my trunk. Anyway somebody smashed my window for my stereo and I guess saw my bag and my clothes and ran...

So may I ask that everybody keep an eye out for my camera gear..

Nikon D50 Body
Nikon Nikkor 35-70 f2.8
Sekonic L-358
Dakine Sequence photo bag

Luckily my other lenses were in the house.

The bag also had two 2GB and one 1GB card, the strap had my little shutter remote as well and the main battery for the camera. So be on the look out for a D50 with no charger, box or manual.

This happened in the San Francisco Bay Area...So please be on the look out in southern California and far north!

Thank you so much in advance :cry

Jason.

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited March 14, 2010
    Sorry for your loss Jason. :cry

I suggest posting your serial numbers for the equipment to help in identification.

Since your vehicle was broken into I hope your insurance covers some of the loss.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • DeeCajunDeeCajun Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2010
    Damn that sucks!

I had my trunk broken into once after I am sure someone saw me put my purse in there..

Hard lesson learned.

Very sorry, I'm far north from you but will keep my eyes open.. I am thinking your stuff may be hocked by now :(
  • EkajEkaj Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2010
    File a police report and keep an eye on craigslist. Also, take an hour to call the pawn shops in the area.

Although most stolen goods are traded for drugs now, so your chances of recovering anything are very slim.