Lights out!

GadgetRickGadgetRick Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
edited March 14, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Well, had a hella storm yesterday and into the wee hours of the morning. We went out for dinner only to come home to no power. So the wife and kids and I just kept each other company. I took out the camera to play around a bit as I had nothing else to do. Here are some shots. Nothing spectacular, just some fun...

1:
809766529_fhLHG-L.jpg

2:
809766176_saLQk-M.jpg

3:
809766278_XhJVM-M.jpg

3:
809766058_MUuvB-M.jpg

4:
809765795_skGZP-M.jpg

5:
809766002_PQPc2-M.jpg

The shots at the end (my son and the candle) were shot with a Canon 50mm f1.8. It's all handheld so some blur but I didn't get out my tripod as I was just playing.

I just bought a used 28-70mm L and put that on for the light grafitti shots. My wife had a lightstick (the green) as well as a red lightup pen. The L actually locked focus right away! I was amazed as you can see how dark it was. These were 5 second exposures! I think I'm gonna like that lens...

Comments

• DeeCajunDeeCajun Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2010
    Great capture, will be a fun memory..

The lights going out forced you to try some stuff with your new lens.. there are no accidents in life!

Enjoy it!
  • GadgetRickGadgetRick Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2010
    DeeCajun wrote:
    Great capture, will be a fun memory..

The lights going out forced you to try some stuff with your new lens.. there are no accidents in life!

Enjoy it!
    Ya got a point there. Did try a few things. Also got some alone time with the wife once the kids went to sleep. wings.gif
  • MacushlaMacushla Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2010
    GadgetRick wrote:
    Well, had a hella storm yesterday and into the wee hours of the morning. We went out for dinner only to come home to no power. So the wife and kids and I just kept each other company. I took out the camera to play around a bit as I had nothing else to do. Here are some shots. Nothing spectacular, just some fun...

Haha - same thing here. I spent the night editing sports posters on my laptop. I never thought to try light painting. Great idea and cool pictures.
  • GadgetRickGadgetRick Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2010
    Macushla wrote:
    Haha - same thing here. I spent the night editing sports posters on my laptop. I never thought to try light painting. Great idea and cool pictures.
    Thanks, got the idea by watching my sons play around with the lightsticks we gave them to play with. Then got a pen with a red LED on it out and just played a bit. Interesting at least.