Texas Wildflowers are Blooming

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited March 16, 2010 in Landscapes
Looks like we will have a good wildflower season this year! I drove south this morning and found a bunch of fields with wildflowers in 'em. It's early yet, but this is a nice start. Not many Texas Bluebonnets yet but I did find a few.

Enjoy!

Lauren

810205889_84vfA-L.jpg

810207545_tsETz-L.jpg

810209299_oFgit-L.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    Lucky you. We're in "swamp season" at the moment - melting snow = thawing ground = mud, and lots of it.

The good news? Temperatures are rising and there's spring in the air.

Thanks for sharing spots of colour.:D
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    Oh Lauren--I really like #1 and #2.

Funny how you caught the truck as part of 1--seems fitting. What I remember about TX highways are the ridiculous speed of the vehicles, the beautiful wild flowers on the side of the road and the trucks baring down on me.

#2 is a favorite with the white fence in the background.

Hope you are able to get more--these really brought back some nice memories.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    Hi Lauren,

Looks like ya'll might have a good " crop " of flowers this year. I hope so...I'm anxious to see more.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JoashotsJoashots Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    Nice set- I like the perspective in #2.
    Joash R

If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. - Samuel Butler
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    Thanks, everyone. I plan to be out every day I can over the next few weeks, so I hope to have more wildflowers to share with you. I finally got my replacement tripod part today, so I can shoot in lower light and maybe catch some nice fields at sunrise.

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2010
    redleash wrote:
    Thanks, everyone. I plan to be out every day I can over the next few weeks, so I hope to have more wildflowers to share with you. I finally got my replacement tripod part today, so I can shoot in lower light and maybe catch some nice fields at sunrise.

That the tripod you had in Maine that was misbehavin'?
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2010
    Yes, Ceci, the same tripod! It worked with Dixie's fix until about 3 months ago. It's taken this long, with multiple emails and on-line chats, to convince the manufacturer that something was wrong. They finally asked for pictures, which I sent right away--I got a return email saying "That's a broken center column" and they were sending me a replacement part. It arrived yesterday! I would go out and test it today . . . . . . . but it's raining!

I don't mind the rain, it means more wildflowers!! But it doesn't do much for the contractor who's putting in my new retaining wall!! Arghhhhhhhh!

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com