Night Hawk

PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
edited March 15, 2010 in Street and Documentary
597003248_S2meC-L.jpg
The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography

Comments

• bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    Patti wrote:

Close but...I really want that hand to be doing something - even if that something is holding a glass, a cigar, a book, tapping on a knee - something. rolleyes1.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    I happen to like this a lot...as it is. I hear BD, and he could be right. However, I see the scene as one rife with tensioned uncertainty. The person doesn't know whether to dive for the phone, the cigarettes, or the wine.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    I'd wished the cigarette in the ashtray was more visible or as BD said, in her hand. As they say, close is only good in horseshoes and hand granades. rolleyes1.gif
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer

patti hinton photography
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    I happen to like this a lot...as it is. I hear BD, and he could be right. However, I see the scene as one rife with tensioned uncertainty. The person doesn't know whether to dive for the phone, the cigarettes, or the wine.

Tom

Thanks Tom. I liked it but it could be stronger.

patti hinton photography