Driving to escape

speedracer04speedracer04 Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
edited March 15, 2010 in Street and Documentary
I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I would consider it street photography, If anyone thinks it should be somewhere else let me know. These are a few photos from a set that I decided to take while driving on some back roads to escape and clear my mind, at first they may come off as snaps (well they sort of were but that was the point) but I like how they flow.
Any c&c is welcome
809467818_U2Eky-M.jpg

809469843_g36aX-M.jpg

809473349_83jNi-M.jpg

809468288_rLvpB-M.jpg

All of them

Comments

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    Hi there,
    Ok i get what you tried to do with this--
    and as a series I think it has possibilities.
    #1 and #2 work for me as part of the series.
    #1 I like the look of the lights in the rain (I can imagine being lost in my thoughts while driving through this)
    and #2 because I get the sense of "fleeing".
    I like the look of 3 as well, but can't pin point why.
    #4 does not work for me.

Again, I think it definately needs to be a series to work though.

I was an avid "driving to escape" person myself when I lived in Texas--I did that many many times to clear my head, hit the backroads and go. I can't do that here--so I get what you were feeling and what you wanted to capture.

Also, not sure if it's street or not--I'm leaning towards no--in any event I wanted to comment on your series.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • speedracer04speedracer04 Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    Thank you for taking the time to comment. The more I look that them I definitely agree about #4 not working.

Its nice that someone else like to drive to get away :)
    Hi there,
    Ok i get what you tried to do with this--
    and as a series I think it has possibilities.
    #1 and #2 work for me as part of the series.
    #1 I like the look of the lights in the rain (I can imagine being lost in my thoughts while driving through this)
    and #2 because I get the sense of "fleeing".
    I like the look of 3 as well, but can't pin point why.
    #4 does not work for me.

Again, I think it definately needs to be a series to work though.

I was an avid "driving to escape" person myself when I lived in Texas--I did that many many times to clear my head, hit the backroads and go. I can't do that here--so I get what you were feeling and what you wanted to capture.

Also, not sure if it's street or not--I'm leaning towards no--in any event I wanted to comment on your series.
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I would consider it street photography, If anyone thinks it should be somewhere else let me know. These are a few photos from a set that I decided to take while driving on some back roads to escape and clear my mind, at first they may come off as snaps (well they sort of were but that was the point) but I like how they flow.
    Any c&c is welcome
    809467818_U2Eky-M.jpg

809469843_g36aX-M.jpg

809473349_83jNi-M.jpg

809468288_rLvpB-M.jpg

All of them

Okay, snaps with a purpose. mwink.gif I see it as "art photography," but I don't see it as street photography. But whatever it is, it definitely has attitude, and captures a certain mood.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • lifeLikelifeLike Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    bdcolen wrote:
    Okay, snaps with a purpose. mwink.gif I see it as "art photography," but I don't see it as street photography. But whatever it is, it definitely has attitude, and captures a certain mood.

Speed - I agree with BD that it's not necessarily street photography despite the fact that you are "on" the street but I love this. I try to always travel with a point and shoot in my glove box (barring extreme temps!) or my phone on me for this very reason.

If you do any amount of driving you can really get addicted to this! I sure am thumb.gif
    ~lifelike.smugmug.com

not life but lifelike