Medival Times

HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
edited March 15, 2010 in People
If you have one of these in your area you really should check it out. The price of admission gets you a meal and a show. The meal is a chance to eat as the peoples did back then. Meaning no silverware, just your fingers. The menue is soup, chicken, ribs, drink,potato and a desert. (my daughter snuck in some plastic forks, the chicken) The show has a theme and the actors do combat with a fair amount of realism. Only had a point and shoot with me, next time another choice.

1. 810790599_eAAK4-XL.jpg

2.810790919_kJ9kS-L.jpg

3810790886_n5FES-L.jpg

4.810790802_gGbzP-L.jpg

5.810790723_AraQk-L.jpg

Comments

• ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    It is dinner and a show, and from what I heard it can be pretty entertaining. but do not confuse any of it as real or realistic.
    Tableware of various forms is thousands of years old, and (from what I heard) the combat is choreographed stage fighting. Entertaining but not realistic.

I look forward to going myself but for a semblance of realism I will stick to the medieval re enactors.
  • CyberSteakCyberSteak Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    Toshido wrote:
    It is dinner and a show, and from what I heard it can be pretty entertaining. but do not confuse any of it as real or realistic.
    Tableware of various forms is thousands of years old, and (from what I heard) the combat is choreographed stage fighting. Entertaining but not realistic.

Which pretty much describes about 90% of what's on TV or at the video store ;)

Back to the pics and the event. I've been wanting to check this out for a loooooooooooong time. Closest place to us is in Toronto and that's a 2 day drive away. We'll be in the area this summer so maybe...

Thanks for posting the pics. Looks as fun as I anticipate it will be.
    http://www.betterphoto.com/Premium/Default.aspx?id=329340&mp=V1

Canon 40D, 28-135mm, 50mm f/1.8, 10-22mm, 70-300, 580 EXII, ST-E2, 500D Diopter
  • Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    Looks like fun!! We keep meaning to take the kids...
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
  • GringriffGringriff Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    We went to one of these at Myrtle Beach SC, several years back when the kids where like 5 and 8. They really enjoyed it. The show was okay and I really enjoyed the food. Of course we had to buy the toy swords as you exit right into the gift shop. It was good and something everyone should do once but not an every year thing. We also have Dixie Stampede, very similar but with a very light, simplistic, and fun "competition" based on the US Civil War. Thanks for sharing - it brings back happy memories!

Andy
    Andy
    http://andygriffinphoto.com/
    http://andygriffin.smugmug.com/
    Canon 7D, 70-200mm L, 50 and 85 primes, Tamron 17-50, 28-135
  • timparker_NikonD60timparker_NikonD60 Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    We went with Friends in July of last year in Dallas, TX. Our friends live about an hour from the location. We got there and I realized I left my battery on the charger back at their house.

I proceded to go out and get a second battery the next day. To my defense, I had just bought my D60 a couple weeks before travelling down there for vacation. It was fun.

Gringriff wrote:
    We went to one of these at Myrtle Beach SC, several years back when the kids where like 5 and 8. They really enjoyed it. The show was okay and I really enjoyed the food. Of course we had to buy the toy swords as you exit right into the gift shop. It was good and something everyone should do once but not an every year thing. We also have Dixie Stampede, very similar but with a very light, simplistic, and fun "competition" based on the US Civil War. Thanks for sharing - it brings back happy memories!

Andy
    http://www.timparker.com
    Nikon D60 Shooter - Portraits and Outdoors...