Timothy in B & W

JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
edited August 9, 2005 in People
My favorite childrens photos are always black and white. Here are a few of my own conversions of shots of my son Timothy. Thanks for looking. Comments welcome.

John

17695558-L.jpg

19618565-L.jpg

26110939-L.jpg

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited August 9, 2005
    All very nice shots. The third is my favorite. The look on his face and your
    choice of composition make it so.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2005
    15524779-Ti.gif with Ian. The third is the winner. You've also done a nice job with the conversion. What technique do you use?

Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• melissa6631melissa6631 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2005
    Wow, these are beautiful. I agree that #3 is really good but they are ALL great. Do you soften these as well? His skin looks fabulous.
    I'd like to know your conversion technique too!
    Missy Ü
  • JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2005
    Thanks all for the kind words. The conversion I do is actually quite simple. First I create a levels adjustment layer. Then I create a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer. Then on the Hue/Saturation layer, drag the saturation slider all the way to the left. Double click on the little levels box in the layers pallet to bring up the levels dialog box. Finally, I go into each individual red green and blue channel and make adjustments until I like what I see. To finish it off, click on on the more button in the layers pallete and the flatten image. I hope that makes sense.

Mellissa, as far as softening goes, I did nothing. I guess there is nothing softer than a baby's skin.........