'Rugged' cameras

AequitasAequitas Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited March 16, 2010 in Cameras
I am looking at getting one of those cameras aimed at outdoors types. They are usually drop resistant and waterproof to like 10ft.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. The local Costo has the Exilim EX-G1. But I like the look of the Pentax W90 and have also heard good things about the Lumix TS2.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Especially if they are related to my situation. :)

I plan to use it mostly while mountain biking and also plan to use it at the beach underwater some.
Because I always forget it in my posts www.jwolfordphotography.com (Out of commission till I get a job at my new campus and renew my subscription)

Comments

• 20DNoob20DNoob Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    Check out the Olympus Tough 8000. I've never used one but from what I've seen it put through it would be the one I'd get.
    Christian.

5D2/1D MkII N/40D and a couple bits of glass.
  • PhotoskipperPhotoskipper Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2010
    I have been looking for the tough camera in the past 3 years but not yet found the one I want.
    Photoskipper
    flickr.com/photos/photoskipper/
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 16, 2010
    I have an original Pentax WP - it's been around the world and beaten to snot, still snapping away. The W90 is the first one to really get me thinking about finally upgrading, for the video and LED macro.

All of them are "meh" cameras in terms of IQ, but the toughness of my Pentax so far makes it easy to pick which brand I'd go with again.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]