Lost River Range B&W

acowanacowan Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
edited March 15, 2010 in Landscapes
I've been going back through my pictures from last year and seeing if there's anything I overlooked. I originally liked this picture but then felt like cropping and doing a B&W conversion. The elevation is around 11,000ft (with the peak close to 12,000) and i did use a CPL though not too much. I tried adjusting the blue/cyan channels so the sky wasn't too dark but if I went too far, then it had a negative effect on the rest of the image. Anyway, here it is (btw, the small body of water in the bottom right is where we camped):

810991382_SBP7u-L.jpg

Comments

• Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    acowan wrote:
    I tried adjusting the blue/cyan channels so the sky wasn't too dark but if I went too far, then it had a negative effect on the rest of the image.

Good choicethumb.gif I like the single cloud and the dappled light on the mountains. Is that Borah Peak in the background?
  • JoashotsJoashots Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    Majestically barren. Very nice!
    Joash R

If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. - Samuel Butler
  • acowanacowan Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    Good choicethumb.gif I like the single cloud and the dappled light on the mountains. Is that Borah Peak in the background?

Thanks Marc! No, Borah Peak sit back further. That peak is an unnamed peak, then Mount Idaho and Mount Church (both over 12,000') are next and then Borah (all in a northerly direction).
  • acowanacowan Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    Joashots wrote:
    Majestically barren. Very nice!

Thanks Joash! Probably less than a mile away (as the crow flies) is a highway and the west face (left in this case) of these mountains are seen. You just have view them from the other side to get the barren, lonely, wilderness feeling.