10mm Distorted

bikergirlbikergirl Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited July 8, 2012 in Street and Documentary
Should this be in Street - or maybe the forum for everything else? I´m messing about with my new Sigma 10-20mm lens and love the way images can be so distorted. Here´s a couple of examples. Any C & C welcomed :wink

1. Vintage car meet in San Mateo, Gran Canaria
811038396_fy4Qk-L.jpg

2. Vintage car meet in San Mateo, Gran Canaria
810719476_2M4cB-L.jpg

3. Puerto De Las Nieves, Gran Canaria
808474280_E7sUd-L.jpg

4. Santa Ana Cathedral, Las Palmas De Gran Canaria, Canary Islands
796983891_Bb97M-L.jpg

OK, on number2, it does look like the automobile has grown a pair of antlers - it was a tree just behind the car:rofl

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    I really like these!!!!bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumb

Which 10-20 do you have: the vairable aperture or the constant 3.5??

do you really like this lens or think of it as so so??

Looking to go WA real soon for shooting city / Landscapes for books.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• bikergirlbikergirl Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    Art Scott wrote:
    I really like these!!!!bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumb

Which 10-20 do you have: the vairable aperture or the constant 3.5??

do you really like this lens or think of it as so so??

Looking to go WA real soon for shooting city / Landscapes for books.
    Hi Art,
    Thanks for taking a look.
    I have the constant 3.5 but, from what I have read, it isn´t worth the extra cost. Apparently has more CA than the earlier 4.5-5.6. I haven´t noticed any glaringly obvious CA. My main disappointment is the softness of the images. To be fair, I am a bit shutter-happy at the moment and haven´t got the hang of the lens; I just love all you can fit in the frame. I love it so much, even my 18-55mm seems too narrow now! It would be great for city shots - it makes life soooo easy being able to get so much in.
    Other photogs suggested I should have bought the Sigma 14-24mm as the quality is first class on that but, you know what it´s like, you save up and save up and then suddenly, you can´t wait to get that lens, so go ahead and buy something similar but cheaper? Bottom line? I love the wide angle and all else seems too limiting and this lens has got my creative juices flowing, BUT if you can afford a more expensive lens then go for the 14-24 which, although less of a wide angle, apparently has very little distortion and gives very crisp images.

Here´s a couple of decent reviews:
    http://www.lenstip.com/197.1-Lens_review-Sigma_10-20_mm_f_3.5_EX_DC_HSM_Introduction.html

http://digital-photography-school.com/sigma-10-20mm-f35-ex-dc-hsm-lens-review

wave.gif
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited March 15, 2010
    bikergirl wrote:
    Should this be in Street - or maybe the forum for everything else? I´m messing about with my new Sigma 10-20mm lens and love the way images can be so distorted. Here´s a couple of examples. Any C & C welcomed mwink.gif

Hola bikergirl,

People living in Spain get special consideration here. :D

I love the insane effects of ultra-wides. I am paying close attention to Sigma's newly announced 8-16mm lens. I think that would just be a blast on the street.
  • bikergirlbikergirl Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    Hola Amigo Richard
    Richard wrote:
    Hola bikergirl,

People living in Spain get special consideration here. :D

I love the insane effects of ultra-wides. I am paying close attention to Sigma's newly announced 8-16mm lens. I think that would just be a blast on the street.

Hola,
    Nice to know there are other exiles around!
    Man, an 8 - 16 mm would make me the happiest, craziest photographer in Las Palmas wings.gif
  • skippy77skippy77 Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2012
    hi biker girl i am in fuerteventura love the set u have put up here i love my sigma 10 20 mm