Options

MC #7 - Innisfree by the Shore

Velvet-ArtVelvet-Art Registered Users Posts: 292 Major grins
edited March 21, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
So yesterday I took a roadtrip, approx 200 mile round trip to see the lake island of Innisfree near Sligo. I was surprised just how small an island it is, but it is peaceful.

So here it is for your comments and critisism, Innisfree by the Shore

811144732_ynDXH-M.jpg

Tim

Comments

• Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    Not sure whether to cheer because you've made it a real place....or cry because you made it a real place!! Laughing.gif

thanks for making the effort.

chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2010
    Not sure whether to cheer because you've made it a real place....or cry because you made it a real place!! Laughing.gif

thanks for making the effort.

chris

Wholeheartedly agree with Chris.
    While it is the real deal--it kind of leaves me wanting more.

I don't guess you can reshoot, seems like a long way to go--but I just don't think it works as is ne_nau.gif .
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2010
    Wholeheartedly agree with Chris.
    While it is the real deal--it kind of leaves me wanting more.

I don't guess you can reshoot, seems like a long way to go--but I just don't think it works as is ne_nau.gif .

I know what you mean, I posted this up before going to bed, and as soon as I had gone to bed I realised that this just wouldnt cut it, it's an ok snapshot, but not worthy of a MegaChallenge.

I think it is back to the drawing board on this one.

Thanks for looking, I shall go and await some fresh inspiration.

Oh, and sorry for spoiling the inner vision with a picture of the real thing Laughing.gif, I too was a bit disappointed when I saw the real place, perhaps it is better to think of what it means instead of what it looks like.

Tim
  • Options
    sunflowerstudiosunflowerstudio Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2010
    Well I'm pleased to see the real place.

Not sure exactly why, but I find the contrast to the poetic dream to be a statement in itself. It makes you wonder -- did it look different when he saw it? or did it look different in his mind? was he actually looking elsewhere?

I guess, seeing it makes me think that something non-extraordinary can inspire the extraordinary, and I like the concrete evidence of that idea.
    Velvet-Art wrote:
    I know what you mean, I posted this up before going to bed, and as soon as I had gone to bed I realised that this just wouldnt cut it, it's an ok snapshot, but not worthy of a MegaChallenge.

I think it is back to the drawing board on this one.

Thanks for looking, I shall go and await some fresh inspiration.

Oh, and sorry for spoiling the inner vision with a picture of the real thing Laughing.gif, I too was a bit disappointed when I saw the real place, perhaps it is better to think of what it means instead of what it looks like.

Tim
  • Options
    TylwyddTylwydd Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2010
    Thanks for making the place real ! The isle looks a bit disappointing in comparison to the poem... I wonder why Yeats was longing for it... I guess it now makes more sense to the meaning of the poetry though.
    Olympus fan :D : E520 ; ZD 50 mm ; ZD 14-54 mm ; ZD 50-200 mm SWD

http://tylwydd.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2010
    Thanks guys for your thoughts and comments, I've taken a slightly different train of thought, going for the metaphorical rather than the literal.

I thought a potential title could be "Eternally Innisfree" or "At Rest" ne_nau.gif

812577429_ufUw9-L.jpg

What do you all think of this one?

Tim
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2010
    More I think about this photo (your entry), I realize what a clever and inspired taken on the theme is.

The image also stands out by its authenticity - very nice!

- What about some blur for the background?... just a thought headscratch.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    - Sorry, I wanted to make a new comment to this photo and I actually overwrote my previous comment... bowdown.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2010
    photo-bug wrote:
    - What about some blur for the background?... just a thought headscratch.gif

And What a good thought it isthumb.gifthumbthumb.gif Thank you, that is just the thing that was missing.

I've added a little blur to it and re-added it to the entry gallery.

Thanks again for your comments and suggestion.

Tim