Options

THE Trophy!

DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
edited August 8, 2005 in Sports
Took the family to a Pawsox game yesterday; the Pawtucket Red Sox are the AAA farm team for Boston. Also took my new 70-200L for a spin! We were in the right/center field bleachers. Here's the right fielder's viewpoint:

31291337-L.jpg

Mark Bellhorn and Kevin Youkilis from the big club were playing today. My wife took this shot of Bellhorn swinging with Youkilis on deck. She doesn't know much about photography, so I thought this spoke well for the lens (and for her too icon10.gif )

31291346-L.jpg

But the real star of the day was this...

31291376-L.jpg

...the Red Sox trophy from last year. iloveyou.gif I stood in line for 50 minutes to get a photo with it; after 29 years for being a fan 50 minutes was easy! Of course, we had to wait for this dude to get out of the way rolleyes1.gif

31291372-L.jpg

It takes all kinds, I guess. headscratch.gif But my son and I finally got our chance with the one and only Red Sox World Series Trophy. clap.gif

31291387-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2005
    :moon

love the pics though - that fan especially thumb.gif
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2005
    musicboohoo.gif Been a long drought for you Yankee fans, has it? lol8.gif If my son were a Yankee fan (heaven forbid) he'd have been alive for 5 championships by now.

We are very happy with our single title!

By the way, for you Sox fans in New England, look for this Volvo:

31291420-L.jpg

The Sox owners are making sure the fans get to see the trophy in person and are letting it go all over the place. thumb.gif