Hella Storm Carnage

GadgetRickGadgetRick Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
edited March 19, 2010 in Street and Documentary
Hope this is the right area. If not, I apologize!

We had a hella storm over the weekend here in the Northeast. LOTS of wind and rain. LOTS of damage. I went out the day after the worst of the storm as well as the day after that. Here are some pics I captured... (some, you will notice as before and after)

1:
810095198_JwSsZ-M-1.jpg

2:
810108432_SxhAp-M-1.jpg

3:
810109827_83cLG-M-1.jpg

4:
810109950_5CXbj-M-1.jpg

5:
810108079_rEFxB-M-1.jpg

6:
810105678_GKN8s-M-1.jpg

7:
811295872_AEcaq-M.jpg

8:
811297191_eugXA-M.jpg

9:
811299324_HZuf5-M.jpg

10:
811301217_JyJms-M.jpg

11:
811304265_auShf-M.jpg

12:
811665599_uvBsb-M.jpg

13:
811667094_tbzYP-M.jpg

14:
811666702_ZRyBH-M.jpg

15:
811667829_LL6BX-M.jpg

Comments

• austinado16austinado16 Registered Users Posts: 300 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2010
    Nice capture of the train going by and the 7' sign with the water at about 5' deep!
    Let's face it; more gear than sense.

Canon 7D... Canon 70-200/2.8L IS... Canon 28-70/2.8L... Canon 135/f2L... Canon 85/1.8... Canon 50/1.4... Canon 28/1.8
  • vintagemxrvintagemxr Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2010
    I like the series. 6 & 7 are redundant though, you could leave on or the other out. No. 14 almost looks like a pleasant rural scene until the mind keys in on the all the water where there shouldn't be water.

thumb.gif

Doug
    "A photograph is usually looked at – seldom looked into." - Ansel Adams
    My B&W Photos
    Motorcycles in B&W
  • GadgetRickGadgetRick Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2010
    Nice capture of the train going by and the 7' sign with the water at about 5' deep!
    Yes, that is my favorite photo of the bunch. Nice blur on the train, the signs giving an idea of how deep the water is (and adding a bit of color) as well as the guy with the boat giving a human aspect to the situation.

My 2nd fave is #12. Notice the woman in the window looking at me while I'm hanging out over the river. Again, a little human element and shows you how bad this has been.
    edited March 17, 2010
    vintagemxr wrote:
    I like the series. 6 & 7 are redundant though, you could leave on or the other out. No. 14 almost looks like a pleasant rural scene until the mind keys in on the all the water where there shouldn't be water.

thumb.gif

Doug
    Heh heh heh...look at them again. They're before and after pics. mwink.gif
    edited March 18, 2010
    GadgetRick wrote:
    Heh heh heh...look at them again. They're before and after pics. mwink.gif

Although the water is a couple of feet lower in 6 the difference between the two shots isn't really obvious unless the photos are looked at closely and compared so to me having them both there as opposed to just one or the other doesn't add anything obvious to the narrative of the series.

Doug
    My B&W Photos
    Motorcycles in B&W
    edited March 18, 2010
    vintagemxr wrote:
    Although the water is a couple of feet lower in 6 the difference between the two shots isn't really obvious unless the photos are looked at closely and compared so to me having them both there as opposed to just one or the other doesn't add anything obvious to the narrative of the series.

Doug
    You've got a point there. I guess it's one of those things where I know what I was after but, in practice, it's not quite as obvious. A trap I guess I fell into there.
    edited March 19, 2010
    GadgetRick wrote:
    You've got a point there. I guess it's one of those things where I know what I was after but, in practice, it's not quite as obvious. A trap I guess I fell into there.

Yeah, I tend to fall in love with some elements of a photo, the quality of the light or maybe the circumstances around the shot which I saw and still see clearly in my own mind, and then I proudly show the photo to my wife and she says "It's just a guy standing by a tree." ne_nau.gif

Doug
    My B&W Photos
    Motorcycles in B&W
    edited March 19, 2010
    vintagemxr wrote:
    Yeah, I tend to fall in love with some elements of a photo, the quality of the light or maybe the circumstances around the shot which I saw and still see clearly in my own mind, and then I proudly show the photo to my wife and she says "It's just a guy standing by a tree." ne_nau.gif

Doug
    LMAO! I know the feeling. I'll be like, "Hey! Come check out this shot! I got some REALLY great stuff!" She'll stand behind me looking at the screen and say, "Nice..." Nice!!?? That's it!!?? Sheesh! Doesn't she know we're ARTISTS! :ivar