Options

Pigeons in Konstanz

OmarOmar Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited March 21, 2010 in Wildlife
Hi,

This is my first post and first favourite shot.

My name is Omar, I'm new to Digital Photography. I live in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia (Costa del sol but without topless beaches :wink ).

I took this photo in Germany before 2 weeks after it stopped snowing. I was staying next to Constance lake (Konstanz) I hope you like it.

I look forward to hearing your comments.

Canon 500D (T1i)
EF 28-135mm
<TABLE id=Inbox cellSpacing=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 120%" width="30%">Exposure:</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 120%">0.004 sec (1/250)</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 120%" width="30%">Aperture:</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 120%">f/7.1</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 120%" width="30%">Focal Length:</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 120%">135 mm</TD></TR><TR><TD>ISO Speed:</TD><TD>100</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

4418020362_4624d916d2_b.jpg

Comments

• Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2010
    Good capture, just a tad too centered.

Welcome to Dgrin and the Wildlife Forum.
    wave.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2010
    Harryb wrote:
    Good capture, just a tad too centered.

Welcome to Dgrin and the Wildlife Forum.
    wave.gif

Thank you Harry for your input, I will keep this in mind! :)
  • Options
    deb22deb22 Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    Very nice Omar, I slid the picture down to eliminate the distracting snow line at the top and boy that worked great for me.The circular brick is lovely with the birds and when you take the top off so it's not so centered like Harry said the blur in front is excellent. Just my opinion Omar but I like the feeling of the photo. HAVE FUN TAKING AND POSTING MORE PICS.clap.gifclap
    COUNTRY ROADS ARE NATURES HIGHWAY. http://dafontainewildlife.com
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2010
    deb22 wrote:
    Very nice Omar, I slid the picture down to eliminate the distracting snow line at the top and boy that worked great for me.The circular brick is lovely with the birds and when you take the top off so it's not so centered like Harry said the blur in front is excellent. Just my opinion Omar but I like the feeling of the photo. HAVE FUN TAKING AND POSTING MORE PICS.clap.gifclap

I do appreciate your comments so much, this is exactly what I'm looking for here. I tend to hear critiques rather than hearing compliments. I'm here to learn from you guys!

I'm glad you liked the photo, although it's not as good as I thought it could be. You and Harry are absolutely right, I missed the "rule of thirds" in my shot.

Once again, thank you :)