portfolio help

chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
edited March 17, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi, I have a business plan that I am trying to work out and want to see if anyone can help with the details.

Basically, I am looking to market my local city/cityscape photos to businesses for purchasing and using to decorate corporate interiors. In order to to that I am planning to work with local interior designers who are already "in" with the businesses, and I would put together a portfolio of my local work for them to consider buying prints. I was thinking of a bit more than just a Itoya style photofolio with just the prints.

I have several of my prints in the Float Mount Metal from BayPhoto, and they are absolutely outstanding quality, but since you really have to see it to appreciate it, lugging a few of those around town is not an option. I am going to check with Bay to see if there is anyway to create a 'simulation' print of what the photo would look like as a metal print.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any software that would allow one to create sort of a virtual environment where the print is displayed in a frame, or maybe even hanging on a wall with some furniture, etc. I think that would give businesses more of an idea of what a framed print or metal print would look like, as opposed to just looking through a portfolio of 10x12 prints.

I hope that makes sense, is anyone aware of anything along those lines?