Several Abstracts

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited March 17, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
811394187_nc7mU-XL.jpg

812781205_tnNQG-XL.jpg

812781402_ZWV4j-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2010
    Hi Tom.... I like your abstracts, and the second one is my favorite of the three....... Bandini ..... I saw him race at Watkins Glen NY. in 1963. He broke down with 4 laps to go. gary :D What race car????
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2010
    Howdy Tom,

What stunning colors and details.

They just jump off the Screen.

Is that the 11-16?

Great shooting, I have the feeling

you've really been enjoying yourself.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2010
    You're not fooling me, Tom. Those are cars under those abstracts.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2010
    Hi Gary,

Illario Bandini was an Italian who made these Bandini race cars. There was a very special gathering of them at this show. He only made 73 cars in total between 1946 and 1988. Only 43 are known to be in existence at this time. These are very small cars....when you first see them you think they must be 3/4 scale or something.

They are magnificently built and absolutely gorgeous. Aside from constructing the cars for others, Bandini himself raced them....as you know.I will be featuring some of these jewels in a future post. They are stunning.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited March 17, 2010
    Yo Craig,

Thanks for the nice comment. These were shot with the 20-35 F 2.8 Tokina..... my old, trusty friend. I've got a bag full of Nikon glass but this Tokina will stand up to any one of them.

Take care my friend,

Tom
    edited March 17, 2010
    Darn, Tony, you're way too sharp for me. Busted again.

Tom