Banff / Jasper National Parks, Canada

ksjeeperksjeeper Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited March 21, 2010 in Landscapes
Took a trip to Calgary, and Banff and Jasper National Parks last week. First time there, was blown away by the parks.

4440201744_b56d5ff853_b.jpg
4440197714_8a8592f7b6_b.jpg
4441467443_3f64a2e0cb_b.jpg
4441390135_c9cf4126e7_b.jpg
4440255860_63516bc8cf_b.jpg

C&C always appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2010
    These parks are on my bucket list - just beautiful! I really like the reflection in #3.

Stephanie
  • rhiturajrhituraj Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2010
    breathtaking! beautiful series. thumb.gif

Camera - $1700, Lens - $900, Memories - Priceless | www.rhitusworld.com
  • acowanacowan Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2010
    Nice set...I like #1 the best with the snow covered trees and light clouds in the sky. I too wouldn't mind spending some time in this area.
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2010
    I grew up in Cow-Town (Calgary) and pretty much just took these parks for granted.... Doesn't everyone have a park in their backyard? rolleyes1.gif

Of the 2, I like Jasper, better. Because of it's ruggedness over Banf, and it's a little more remote.

Nice shots; you captured well.
  • ksjeeperksjeeper Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2010
    Thanks all!

I agree, Jasper was very cool. The big ol' glacier up there is otherwordly in winter.

I'm a relative novice in this whole photo thing, and the main struggle when I was there was the glare / overal brightness. I struggled a bit to avoid the white-out look.
  • wirehuntwirehunt Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2010
    I'm winning a bet. The price? Airfares to Canada-Alaska :D I look forward to getting shots like these for myself.
    Stephen Dickson: The one from the south island of New Zealand.

Work hard, play harder. bloggy
    edited March 18, 2010
    wirehunt wrote:
    I'm winning a bet. The price? Airfares to Canada-Alaska :D I look forward to getting shots like these for myself.

Very cool, good luck clap.gif
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2010
    Absolutely beautiful shot. One and four are my favorites. MIL has been there several times and love it. Maybe one day I will get there to see it for myself; however in the meantime I will enjoy your photographs
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2010
    Nice shots. It may be my monitor, but #3 looks a tad on the blue side, maybe warm it up a bit, or am I just seeing things?

Lee
    Lee Wiren
    edited March 19, 2010
    Wiren wrote:
    Nice shots. It may be my monitor, but #3 looks a tad on the blue side, maybe warm it up a bit, or am I just seeing things?

Lee

Could very well be, I don't trust my monitor much. Probably time to get something better.

Thanks!
  • shmishshmish Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    Nice shots, you managed the brightness very well! Mountains, snow, sky, tree and sunshine can be a tricky combination.

I think #3 does have a blue cast, but it's entirely possibly that's it's all natural. Late afternoon light in the mountains tends to have that colour.