A Few from Rocky Mountain National Park

hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
edited March 20, 2010 in Landscapes
Just a few from a trip last June to Rocky Mountain National Park. These are all from Trail Ridge Road.

#1 On the Ute Trail Just Before Forest Canyon

800814030_Ryh8d-L.jpg

#2 I like the light and shadows

800814212_KKmLJ-L.jpg

#3 On the trail at Rock Cut

800814456_mEAhh-L.jpg

#4 Forest Canyon

801731045_6iqps-L.jpg

Thanks for looking. C&C encouraged.

Comments

• ksjeeperksjeeper Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2010
    I really like #4, and love that park. Been going there and taking pics since I was a tot starting out with an Instamatic, and there are always great shots to be had.
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2010
    ksjeeper wrote:
    I really like #4, and love that park. Been going there and taking pics since I was a tot starting out with an Instamatic, and there are always great shots to be had.

Thanks, it is a great park. Loved the time we spent there.
  • thomasjmthomasjm Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited March 19, 2010
    Those are beautiful photos. I love them all. Rocky Mountain National Park is about an hour from my house, so I am a frequent visitor. Did you get to see any wildlife while you were there? It is perhaps the number one big game viewing place outside of Yellowstone.
  • acowanacowan Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2010
    #3 and #4 are great! Altogether a nice set. I like the clouds in all the comps...thumb.gif
    edited March 20, 2010
    thomasjm wrote:
    Those are beautiful photos. I love them all. Rocky Mountain National Park is about an hour from my house, so I am a frequent visitor. Did you get to see any wildlife while you were there? It is perhaps the number one big game viewing place outside of Yellowstone.

We were there last June and the Big Horn Sheep were coming down from the mountains with the lambs so it was quite impressive. There were of course elk everywhere. They are quite something for the first day or two but then you realize they are all over the place.

Glad you liked the pictures.
    edited March 20, 2010
    acowan wrote:
    #3 and #4 are great! Altogether a nice set. I like the clouds in all the comps...thumb.gif

Thank you Aaron. I'm working on new processing techniques, one of which helps bring out more details and contrast in the clouds.
  • DLC PhotoDLC Photo Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited March 20, 2010
    Great set of photos! I practically live in the park during the warmer months. I have many pictures from there on my site. Again very nice photos. clap.gif