The most beautiful girl in the world..

SnapHappySnapHappy Registered Users Posts: 328 Major grins
edited August 9, 2005 in People
Ha, made you all look. Well she is to me, my better half, Jenny.
I have a feeling she is beginning to regret buying me my camera, as I am getting a constant growl every time I point it in her direction.
However, I beat her this time and managed to sneak in a few shots on macro without her posing too much. Here's the results, not picture perfect & very much a beginner grinner so critiQue most welcome:
DSCF2117.jpg
DSCF2119.jpg

Comments

• ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2005
    She is beautiful. Now here is the critique. First the good news. I like the composition of both shots a lot. Now the bad news, both shots seem to be focused on something other than her eyes which bothers me. The camera has clearly focused on her shoulder in the first shot and hair in the second shot. You have to be very careful with autofocus cameras, especially ones with multiple focus points. They tend to just focus on the closest focus point in range. I don't like the B&W conversion. It lacks contrast. You need a deep rich black to make the white background work, IMHO.
    If not now, when?
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    She is beautiful. Now here is the critique. First the good news. I like the composition of both shots a lot. Now the bad news, both shots seem to be focused on something other than her eyes which bothers me. The camera has clearly focused on her shoulder in the first shot and hair in the second shot. You have to be very careful with autofocus cameras, especially ones with multiple focus points. They tend to just focus on the closest focus point in range. I don't like the B&W conversion. It lacks contrast. You need a deep rich black to make the white background work, IMHO.
    15524779-Ti.gif

in addition to that, consider flipping the firt shot horizontal, putting the 'space' to her left.

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • JackinkcJackinkc Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 9, 2005
    Very Beautiful
    I like the first photo better than the second. The second is too busy. I think the object should be her face and not her hand in her hair. I believe that you her face could be completely over to the left with plenty of room in front of her eyes, not behind.