Allison & Alyshia

EOSRylanEOSRylan Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited March 19, 2010 in People
Hey Everyone!

My name is Rylan, Im new to Dgrin. I didn`t see an introductions thread, so why not make my first post a photo sharing one lol.

I have been hooked on photography for the last 3 years, so I am relatively new to the scene.

Here is a couple shots from last weekend. I did these for two of my friends, they wanted some best friend photos, so I grabbed these. I think they turned out pretty well, seeing the sun was so harsh, and didn`t have much for a background.

Shot with the 30D and 85mm f1.8

What do you guys think!

AnA6.jpg
AnA8.jpg
Canon 30D | EF 70-200mm f/4L | EF 85mm f/1.8 | Sigma 10-20mm f/4

Comments

• rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2010
    Welcome aboard

Beautilful ladies with nice smiles and overall expressions.

I don't particlarly light the background as I find it cluttered and distracing. Back/side lighing on the hair is nice but causes the background to be blown out and again taking me away from their faces. The use of a reflector to redirect some of that beautiful light onto their faces would be made the pictures have more pop to it.

Hard to tell exactly where the focus was but should always be in their eyes.

Again welcome aboard. You have come to the right place for tons of good information.
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • EOSRylanEOSRylan Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited March 19, 2010
    rhondavid wrote:
    Welcome aboard

Beautilful ladies with nice smiles and overall expressions.

I don't particlarly light the background as I find it cluttered and distracing. Back/side lighing on the hair is nice but causes the background to be blown out and again taking me away from their faces. The use of a reflector to redirect some of that beautiful light onto their faces would be made the pictures have more pop to it.

Hard to tell exactly where the focus was but should always be in their eyes.

Again welcome aboard. You have come to the right place for tons of good information.

Canon 30D | EF 70-200mm f/4L | EF 85mm f/1.8 | Sigma 10-20mm f/4
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2010
    Welcome to the group. I agree that you need more light or exposure on the faces. If you have some post editing, perhaps you can gain some of the quality back by increasing exposure only on them. See what you can come up with. Of the poses, I like the second one more since they are both looking at you. The first has one looking at you and one looking off-frame.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site