Options

check out my site and opinions please?

njdrumrunnjdrumrun Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited March 21, 2010 in The Big Picture
i would love for anyone that has a few minutes to take a look??

i am open for any contructive criticism but please be nice. i have not used anything except a point and shoot in the last 12-15 years. i just opened the smugmug free account this morning and threw some pics up. the site is far from "finished". some shots i am proud of and others i know need work.

for the soccer pics i included the original and my cropped version to get opinions on how i am cropping. they all should be together. most are cropped off the 4 x 6 ratio. some have custom/odd crop to get the action and get rid of the bleachers/turf. some of the soccer shots are out of focus but i liked the shot. having a bit of trouble with my focus going off the subject and onto the players around the subject. i have like 10 focal points? technology!! :scratch the soccer pics are only my 2nd attempt with my new camera. everything was just set on sports mode.

only a few have color adjustments, one by the smugmug corrector and i hate it. sorry?? i am not very good with color.

please let me know what you like/dislike.

i am heading out in the moring to shoot two soccer games and then two more on sunday. opinions tonight and tomorrow will be helpful.

my general plan is to try to market my action shots. be an extra body for those that have already contracted tournaments.

i also can't figure out how to add pics to the homepage slideshow?? lots to learn.

i am shooting with a canon EOS Rebel T1i, canon ET-86 70-200 F2.8 IS ultrasonic with a canon EF extender 1.4. now i know that this is far from the top of the line stuff but unless i want my 2 year old running around without diapers and my 11 year old to have crooked teeth, it's the best i could do for now. please tell me how to improve it?

thanks!

http://soccermomimages.smugmug.com/

Comments

• Options
    edited March 19, 2010
    jeez, 44 views and no comments? PM me if you'd rather not post.

i won't hold it against u.
  • Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2010
    njdrumrun wrote:

Might want to repost over in the customization forum. There's a whole thread dedicated to this.
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2010
    thanks! i didn;t see anywhere to put it and went with this:

The Big Picture
    If you need to ask, it belongs here.
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2010
    njdrumrun wrote:

I tried to look again and again...your link isn't working...goes to SM homepage~
    tom wise
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    I also tried to look, it went to Smugmug home page.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    The link does not take me to your homepage...just the SmugMug splash page.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/