Options

building Frames

ssersser Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
edited March 19, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
I am going to get into making frames myself rather paying a ton. I supply my wedding clients usually with a 11x14 print in a custom frame that usually has a 4in matte (for signing etc..) So to keep cost down I want to attempt to do this myself.

So I was wandering if anyone else does this? And any tips would help? And tools required? I undrrstand the startup cost might be a lot but I know it'll pay for itself in the long run.

Comments

• Options
    deb22deb22 Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2010
    If you are looking to use a wood frame of various types and stains it would be worth it in the long run,HOWEVER if you are looking for other types of materials and I think you are as a people photog you would have to be more modern. You should go to your local frame shop -it's a real eye opener even the best of them ship out the frames to be cut by pros in fear of making a mistake and splitting the material. The equipment they use is in the thousands and that is per tool.Go check out a few I did and they don't mind letting you look around because they know unless you are wealthy or very very very serious you are not going to spend that amount and therfore are not competition for them. Don't mean to be a bummer but I tried it and wasted a lot of money but quit before I bought the expensive tools,Thank-God. If you want to stick to the easy cheap frames it is not to hard but if I were getting my wedding photo in a cheap frame I would not be happy.I think matted photos are great leaving the cost of frames to the client is more than o.k.
    COUNTRY ROADS ARE NATURES HIGHWAY. http://dafontainewildlife.com