The Tunnel Bridge

AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
edited March 23, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
We have a bit of an oddity near here, a bridge over a stream (lengthwise) which runs through a tunnel under the main railway (at least 4 tracks at this point). The bridge is very narrow, a single file job and you can just about pass someone coming the other way if you are prepared to be very friendly.

C&C always appreciated.

814462507_MPm3a-L.jpg

814463740_qRE5v-L.jpg

814461510_6G6ZP-L.jpg

814463067_mTGVg-L.jpg

814461123_vUTok-L.jpg

814580687_gaZUa-L.jpg

Thanks for looking
Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams

Comments

• TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2010
    Number 4 - The light at the end of the tunnel - is my favorite, but I do like the addition of the bicyclist. If you could get that bicyclist in the same framing as #4, you'd really have a shot. Black and white works best for these since the colors don't really add anything.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    TonyCooper wrote:
    Number 4 - The light at the end of the tunnel - is my favorite, but I do like the addition of the bicyclist. If you could get that bicyclist in the same framing as #4, you'd really have a shot. Black and white works best for these since the colors don't really add anything.
    Thanks for the feedback Tony. If I could do as you suggest with the cyclist I'd also be flattened or the cyclist in the stream - I was 2/3rds of the way into the tunnel to get #4 and there really isn't enough room to pass. After taking #4 a father & son had to back up to let me out of the nearer end.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    Hi AndMan,
    I like 1 and 5.
    I like how you processed 1 and the the comp on 5 with the "light at the end of the tunnel"--I think it could work really well blown up big. Both work for me.

Can't help but think this place would make for interesting backgrounds for say wedding/engagement or senior shots--just saying...if you ever go that route.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2010
    Hi AndMan,
    I like 1 and 5.
    I like how you processed 1 and the the comp on 5 with the "light at the end of the tunnel"--I think it could work really well blown up big. Both work for me.

Can't help but think this place would make for interesting backgrounds for say wedding/engagement or senior shots--just saying...if you ever go that route.
    Thanks for the feedback Liz.
    I think you're right about it being an interesting backdrop but we don't do senior shoots over here (at least that I've heard of, & I've got several nieces/nephews of the right age to have had them) and I haven't had anywhere near enough practice shooting people to even dream of weddings/engagements.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page