Just When You Think You've Seen It All.....

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited March 21, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Dubbed the " Fascination ", this vehicle was built in 1969 by Paul Lewis. Operating out of Denver, he built only 5 of these. The prototype was driven by a rear mounted aircraft engine and propeller. After an accident, propulsion was shifted to a Volkswagen engine and standard drive for the production models.

814820871_QRQWs-XL.jpg

814812456_T3Ke4-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2010
    Um, WOW. Now that's a vehicle. Thanks for posting. eek7.gifhuheek7.gif
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2010
    Howdy Tom,

I have to say these last to Automobiles you've posted on are some of the wildest things I've seen in a long, long time.

Are they as valuable as they are Wild?

Great shots, really show so much of the beautiful details and coloring.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2010
    What's the top speed? mwink.gif
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    Hey Nikonic1,

I guess it takes all kinds. The design has clues that it would accommodate a propeller. With that wide rear stance, it was probably a pretty stable car.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited March 21, 2010
    Yo Craig,

Yeah, these last couple have been pretty wild. I have absolutely no idea as to their value as a collector piece. Probably not as much as we would think....but who knows? Got a few more wild ones coming.

Tom
    edited March 21, 2010
    Hi mr peas,

I have no idea as to the top speed of that thing. With the engine it's running, it's probably not very high.

Tom
  • woellerdwoellerd Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    Couldn't imagine tossing the keys to this to a valet in downtown Philadelphia.:D :D:D
    Dave Woeller

My Galleries: DWPhotoworks

My Blog Page: DWPhotoworksblog

Become a fan: DWPhotoworksfan
  • rcofrcof Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    Very interesting car. Here is a URL to tell more of the story.

http://www.tomorrowscartoday.com/
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    I've seen old black and white photos of this (or one of it's sister cars) in books: Even showing the propeller drive. I never thought I'd see one in color! It must have been quite a sight in person, Tom! Thank you for posting these.
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
    edited March 21, 2010
    Hi Dave,

That would be a hoot, wouldn't it? Thanks for looking in.

Tom
    edited March 21, 2010
    Hi rcof,

Many thanks for posting the URL.

Tom
    edited March 21, 2010
    Yo Lee,

What was a little surprising was the high quality of the fit and finish on this thing. It was very beautifully executed.

Tom