my baby

mussomusso Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
edited March 20, 2010 in People
here is a image i took today and gave B/W a try. please let me know what you think.

thank you
joe

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2010
    Very sweet shot.
    I'm not expert on b/w conversion, but what I believe you need to do here is bring down the white point and bring up the black point. In PS/CS you can do this with the levels, bring down the white point (let some of the b/g blow out) and bring up the black point (let a little bit of shadow in her hair clip). I think you get a richer image from that. Lot's of folks swear by using just the green channel as a starting point for b/w as well. YMMV. Just a very quick level adjust:

attachment.jpg
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • mussomusso Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited March 20, 2010
    here is and edit how is this
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2010
    Awwwwww what a sweet sweet child you have there! I do like it better with a little added pop. She is a real beauty!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2010
    Much better. Firstly, it is b/w not not the brownish color as before. Personally, I'd still pull down the white and up the black a bit but you are well within personal taste, IMO. It has lost that muddy feel that it had before. Also, in general, you can post slightly larger and higher quality images if you link them from smugmug or other hosting sites using the IMG pragmas. The attachments are limited in size a bunch and the compression often messes up the IQ.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site