My B&W Photos
Motorcycles in B&W

Comments

• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    No focal point, my eye wanders everywhere looking ne_nau.gif
  • vintagemxrvintagemxr Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    Focal point would be visual connection of the young man looking at the slightly unusual little dog and the dog looking back at the boy.

Doug
    "A photograph is usually looked at – seldom looked into." - Ansel Adams
    My B&W Photos
    Motorcycles in B&W
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    The conversion looks fairly good and I see the connection between the boy and the dog. It got a grin from me on first glance. But, I don't get any sense of a Street Fair in progress. I would have also worked to minimise the distractions in the background by forcing a shallower DoF. As it is there's a group of kids in the background, a couple of kids crossing the street in front of a turning car and a kid and a dog on a leash in standoff mode. ne_nau.gif
    edited March 21, 2010
    michswiss wrote:
    The conversion looks fairly good and I see the connection between the boy and the dog. It got a grin from me on first glance. But, I don't get any sense of a Street Fair in progress. I would have also worked to minimise the distractions in the background by forcing a shallower DoF. As it is there's a group of kids in the background, a couple of kids crossing the street in front of a turning car and a kid and a dog on a leash in standoff mode. ne_nau.gif

Thanks for the suggestions and comment.

Small town Arizona street fair. A few hot rods parked at one end of the street, some vendors of assorted "art" on a side street. Kettle korn and fry bread booths and we've got ourselves a street fair. Must take what we can get out here in the boonies. :D

I agree about the DOF. I need to work that effect into more of my photos.

Doug
    My B&W Photos
    Motorcycles in B&W
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    There is a lot to like in this shot. I do like the connection between the boy and dog AND the second leash angling out of the frame.

Of intrigue are the group of bikers across the street and the hint of the vintage car entering the frame with the white-wall tire...
    edited March 22, 2010
    michswiss wrote:
    The conversion looks fairly good and I see the connection between the boy and the dog. >snip</quote]

I meant to ask, what would you do differently with the conversion? The shot was back lit so I struggled a bit to get to where I got to.

Doug
    My B&W Photos
    Motorcycles in B&W