Options

Best way to batch watermark

mpriest13mpriest13 Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
edited March 25, 2010 in Finishing School
I want to add a watermark/logo to my images and wonder what is the fastest way to do it....sorry if this has been asked before.

I have LR2 and CS4.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    It depends. Do you have a SmugMug account? If so, you can watermark entire galleries with a couple of mouse clicks.
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,877 moderator
    edited March 21, 2010
    Snowgirl wrote:
    It depends. Do you have a SmugMug account? If so, you can watermark entire galleries with a couple of mouse clicks.
    15524779-Ti.gif Yep
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    If you have CS4, one can also use an action in Fireworks to batch process images. A large portion of the way to do it is your workflow. I used to watermark everything using Fireworks, but then I had to store two images. Now I just watermark on export from Lightroom if needed for such things as PowerPoint usage; for everything else I use SmugMug's watermark feature.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    gramps50gramps50 Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    I use pHatch when I want to process a bunch of pictures. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phatch
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,877 moderator
    edited March 22, 2010
    If you run Windows I believe that "FastStone Photo Resizer" can batch resize and watermark, but I have not tested it myself. It's freeware so would not cost anything to try.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    509 Graphics509 Graphics Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited March 24, 2010
    If you have Adobe Bridge (usually bundled with PS), you can do batch watermarking through the "Photoshop Tools" option while resizing your image (if necessary)

Thanks,
    Kevin
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2010
    I have cs3 and I use bridge > tools > photoshop > image processor. With image processor you can batch re-size and also run an action. I deliver full res and low res with watermark to all my clients so this works for me. Only problem I have is I can't find a way to create an action that will place my logo onto the frame so I use text centered on the bottom of the page and sized to fit within the horizontal measurement of my vertical comps. I always use 1200 pixels as the max h and w on my low res so I create the txt watermark action by manipulating an 800x1200 image. Sure wish I could figure out an easy way to incorporate my logo though.

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2010
    If uploading to Smugmug, I like the Smugmug watermarker because it's nondestructive. You upload images without watermarks, you batch apply your watermark to the images, and the images have watermarks only on the Web but never on prints or downloads.

If not uploading to Smugmug, I'm liking the new watermarker in the Export dialog of Lightroom 3 beta 2. It's very customizable and positions consistently. You can type in text or import a graphic. I know how to build a Photoshop action to do this, but it's incredibly time-consuming and clumsy both to setup and to run. The Lightroom 3 way is much easier and cleaner.