815005854_vdMmm-L.jpg

815018341_FHU2b-L.jpg

815025226_NhmTL-L.jpg

815029470_oo9XS-L.jpg

815028354_Z3h6z-L.jpg

815047907_RN6Va-XL.jpg

815053295_T2pyL-L.jpg

815067681_zn5eK-XL.jpg

As far as photography goes, I've had such a brilliant weekend. I just used my D90 and 18-55mm kit lens the for above, but will post some pics of some Rugby using my friends 70-200 f2.8 cannon. Never used such a massive lens before, but really enjoyed taking the above shots. C&C as always most appreciated :thumb
“I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” - Jeremy Clarkson

My Blog: www.floody82.com
My Photos: floody82.smugmug.com

Comments

• FL00DYFL00DY Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited March 23, 2010
    hhmmm 100 views and second page ne_nau.gif They aren't that bad are they?
    “I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” - Jeremy Clarkson

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2010
    I generally don't comment on baby pix since I don't really understand the genre (babies in planting pots and all). Very cute little boy, definitely!!

As for photos, most of the shots seem a bit soft. 3-5 are underexposed.
    I think 6 & 7 are your best shots, but look on 6, the drool looks like your focus point, and the eyes are less in focus. 6 & 7 win for me because the color is good (the b/w could use a little more pop IMO), and the b/g isn't distracting.

They are all keepers since they are recording life and time. Try to fix the exposure and color balance on 3/4/5 and keep at it. You might get a little sharpness back by playing with the unsharp mask in PS/CS and see what you get. Hopefully you shot camera RAW and have more options in the editing flow.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • FL00DYFL00DY Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited March 25, 2010
    Thanks very much Andrew. One thing I have problems with, and something I don't like in most photos is the blown out backgrounds you get when shooting on a bright cloudless sky like I had in the background. So 3-5 I tried to play around with the colours a bit to try and minimize the white sky, perhaps I'll have another go at it. Looking at 3 & 4 again, I could have cropped a bit tighter, lots of gear in the backgrounds which couldn't be helped.

The b/w I agree with, I don't do many conversions but might have another play with. I'm still only using LR for all of these, I'm yet to get into PS.

As for RAW, I'm not shooting in RAW. I did so once and need to get my head around the image sizes first :) Going away this weekend so I might give it a go.

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2010
    FL00DY wrote:
    Thanks very much Andrew. One thing I have problems with, and something I don't like in most photos is the blown out backgrounds you get when shooting on a bright cloudless sky like I had in the background. So 3-5 I tried to play around with the colours a bit to try and minimize the white sky, perhaps I'll have another go at it. Looking at 3 & 4 again, I could have cropped a bit tighter, lots of gear in the backgrounds which couldn't be helped.

The b/w I agree with, I don't do many conversions but might have another play with. I'm still only using LR for all of these, I'm yet to get into PS.

As for RAW, I'm not shooting in RAW. I did so once and need to get my head around the image sizes first :) Going away this weekend so I might give it a go.
    Disks are cheap. Go with RAW. It has more headroom so if you are overexposed by a bit, you can recover; you aren't being penalized because your camera chose a bad WB and then you lost data in the jpg conversion.

In LR recovering the sky is a bit harder but with the adjustment brush and some patience you can do a fair job in some cases.

B&W in LR can work really well. Set the greyscale mode, and use the exposure/fill/recovery and black level to tweak the levels and get your spread, fine tune the contrast curve and if you want play with the greyscale sliders for the mix if you need to.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site