Intimacy 2010-style

TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
edited March 22, 2010 in Street and Documentary
815107934_dpMLa-XL.jpg

The color version is at http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/photos/815107977_tdP3M-XL.jpg Didn't know which to choose.
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/

Comments

• Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    Brilliant!

…even without the title!

thumb.gif

- Wil

PS: I think B&W (colour is somewhat pastel…)
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    Isn't that the truth. They're probably talking to each other. :D Good capture Tony.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    Great one here, Tony. It's a perfect commentary on the state of things.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited March 21, 2010
    Patti wrote:
    Isn't that the truth. They're probably talking to each other. :D.

Talking is so last century...they're texting each other. rolleyes1.gif
  • XoZeXoZe Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    My wife and I were talking about this the other day as we see it all too often. Last week we were out with 5 other people, and they were all constantly checking their phones. What is the point of getting out and socializing then?
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    Yeah, what's wrong with these people...

Hey, wait! That's ourselves on our computers communicating with each other on this DGrin Forum...eek7.gif :lol4 :devbobo
  • XoZeXoZe Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    rainbow wrote:

Hey, wait! That's ourselves on our computers communicating with each other on this DGrin Forum...eek7.gif :lol4 :devbobo

I have no problem with it. It's when I'm out interacting with others that it bothers me that our conversation has to be interrupted by a text conversation.
  • Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    Nice one Tony. Well seen and perfectly captured. Love it. thumb.gifthumbclap.gifclap
  • KerrBearKerrBear Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    I watched a persuasive speech the other day about how technology like messaging and text has actually helped promote communication. Especially for people who have families that live very far away and allows for communication to continue at work where it was previously nearly impossible to connect with loved ones while at work. Now you can send a quick text during you break to keep in touch. In a lot of ways texting is very good for socializing. Perhaps not in this particular incident, however.
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    This shot to me is the modern day equivalent of an older couple having breakfast at a diner, each reading their own newspaper. That vision used to make me cringe. I have since become an adult and am guilty of doing just that with my husband.

I'm so glad you posted this because now I can look down my nose at this scenario:)

BTW it really really gets on my nerves when I'm having a conversation with someone and they want to read an incoming text etc--this one hits home. clap.gif

Great capture of the everyday mundane that tells so much about our society.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    rainbow wrote:

Well, no, because we are not sitting across the table from one another, we are in numerous state of the U.S., China, Spain, Australia, Iraq, Pakistan, Israel, Canada, and where else(?), and the internet is bringing us together, rather than isolating us from one another. mwink.gif

---

And great shot Tony. Definitely black and white, but I would definitely go back at the conversion again, and reclaim the detail in the guy's face; it appears to be in the color version, but got blown out in the conversion.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Photog4ChristPhotog4Christ Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    They're both updating Facebook! That's what my wife & I do! rolleyes1.gif