My Last Winter Photos

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited March 21, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
I'm so happy winter is over :barb But I wanted to share a foggy morning in ND. I took these on my way out to the buffalos I had posted earlier.

815405118_K8RN7-L.jpg

815405090_PtgqV-L.jpg

Comments

• wendellwendell Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    These are great Mary Kim! Looks like you had some good light going on. My favorite is the last shot. The contrast of the asphalt pavement with the fog and snow make it really pop, and the oncoming truck adds to it. Great comp, exp. and light. Great jobthumb.gif
  • invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    I'm with Wendell, the second one is very neat and really conveys the feel of winter in these lands.

Psst, the horizon seems a tad slanted ;)
    I steal the soul of inanimate things.

Federico
    Website / Flickr
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    Howdy Mary

I like them both, they both really bring home the fact of the biting cold and that last one that fog rolling through really adds a new dimension.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    wendell wrote:
    These are great Mary Kim! Looks like you had some good light going on. My favorite is the last shot. The contrast of the asphalt pavement with the fog and snow make it really pop, and the oncoming truck adds to it. Great comp, exp. and light. Great jobthumb.gif

Hi wendell --

I was really lucky to have the early morning light at my back for these photos. My favorite is the last one too, but I like the fog by the irrigation sprinklers...kind of looks like mist coming off of it.

Thank you for your kind comments :D
    edited March 21, 2010
    invisible wrote:
    I'm with Wendell, the second one is very neat and really conveys the feel of winter in these lands.

Psst, the horizon seems a tad slanted ;)

Hi ---

I was hoping it would convey the feel of winter in our neck of the woods. Coming over the hill and seeing that fog was just beautiful.

Thank-you for your nice comments :D
    edited March 21, 2010
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Mary

I like them both, they both really bring home the fact of the biting cold and that last one that fog rolling through really adds a new dimension.

Hi --

It was biting cold that morning :D We ran into some really thick fog, but taking a photo of that would of been hard. Needed to concentrate more on the road then.

Thanks for you comments Craig -- I'm glad you liked them.