Portraits: Please critique

monkey-treemonkey-tree Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited August 10, 2005 in People
Hello, I'm brand spanking new to your little community... and I'd like some honest opinions on some of my latest portraiture.

#1: Golden Orb Spider. I'm girly and all, but they aren't poisonous, so it's all good. They do move quickly and scare the heck out of small children, though.
def%20spidey%20side2.JPG

#2: My husband and children's feet
jklfeet.JPG

#3: My neighbor's little girl... so precious.
mnohello.JPG

#4: And more of the neighbor's little one
mnocute.JPG

#5: Last one I promise... but she is just so sweet.
mnofeathers.JPG

now... let's hope my image posting has worked. *crossing fingers*

Comments

• HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2005
    Hi Monkey-tree and welcome to our little community. So many pictures and so little time. How about this, I'll give a quick critique to #2 and let some others have some fun too.

I think the feet idea is a wonderful one. Lots of feet there. The focus is a little soft but that could be from resizing to the web. I'd like to see more focus on the feet and less on them. The comparative sizes of feet pretty much tell the story of who owns them and the faces distract from that. A little more contrast and I think you have a winning combinationclap.gif.

BTW, very cute photos of the little girl next door. As for the spider, well, I don't do spiders very well.

Thanks for posting and hope to see more of your work,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2005
    Well, welcome monkey-tree. Lets see I think I will focus on the pictures of the little girl. I like the first one, actually it's a techique I have seen in Wal-Mart studio photo of little children but I like the warn colors in yours better and the fact that you seem to have captured her in mid play rather than some of the possed studio shots.
    I like the fourth picture but I believe it could be better if you neither captured all the baby's body or else have put her more centered in the frame. Teh choice of black and white is nice and the expression you captured is very nice.
    I like the concept of the 5th once the best however again I would like more of the scene. I don't like how but neither the child and box are totally in the frame. But that is just my opinion and i bet the mother of this sweet child loves it because it's just such a nice little picture and the colors you have choosen are very nice.
    Overall, really awesome job!!! And again, welcome to Dgrin.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com