Army Blackhawk fly over...

jsruccijsrucci Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
edited March 22, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
We were waiting for the river ferry yesterday afternoon and a trio of Army Blackhawk helicopters flow over, so I clicked off a few shots. Here's one of them...

815668599_HV6i6-X3.jpg
Steve

http://www.steverucci.com

Use this code to get a discount when joining Smugmug: FmsEHhiPzBxic

Comments

• EclipsedEclipsed Registered Users Posts: 360 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    Good shot. I like the fact that you can see the people up there.

I've seen those come over like that and later found out that they used the helicopters to search for marijuana.
  • Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    I'd love to see a close crop of the guy in the side of the heli. Is he holding a sidearm in his hand? Cool shot.
  • jsruccijsrucci Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    Nikonic1 wrote:
    I'd love to see a close crop of the guy in the side of the heli. Is he holding a sidearm in his hand? Cool shot.

I magnified the guy and he's holding something, but it's very difficult to tell what it is. It doesn't appear to be a sidearm, but maybe a control of some sort, possibly for the winch above him with the hook.

A nice piece of weaponry is the gun mounted on the arm for the guy behind the pilots...
    Steve

http://www.steverucci.com

Use this code to get a discount when joining Smugmug: FmsEHhiPzBxic
  • Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    jsrucci wrote:

A nice piece of weaponry is the gun mounted on the arm for the guy behind the pilots...

NO DOUBT!!! wings.gifbarbwings.gifwinkmwink.gifwink
  • alexfalexf Registered Users Posts: 436 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    Nice shot. Helos are tough to get proper prop blur as they have low rpms (lower than airplanes). You did well at 1/500. I normally do them at 1/320 but with a long and heavy lens handholding at 1/320 is sometimes not possible.
    AlexFeldsteinPhotography.com
    Nikon D700, D300, D80 and assorted glass, old and new.