Options

Wedding at Starved Rock Park (3/13/2010)

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited March 22, 2010 in Weddings
This fabulous couple you my recall from when I shot their engagement session a while back at the Indiana Dunes.

1. This might be my new all time favorite black & white conversion that I've done:
815537188_pAGRX-L.jpg

815547556_S7HYi-L.jpg

815543337_Hx9fp-L.jpg

4. The cake topper is relevant to understand the next photo following it
815554027_kZYf3-L.jpg

815547938_VUnGZ-L.jpg

815545293_2dcrZ-L.jpg

815544677_AJieP-L.jpg

815534223_TULHV-L.jpg

815552874_Fx7dq-L.jpg

815553335_g5Fsa-L.jpg

815531295_vs5UU-L.jpg

815536024_HMxYH-L.jpg

More of my favorites are here: http://photos.cathoffman.com/Weddings/Wedding-Portfolio/2010-03-13-Nicole-James/9066716_68iUX

Comments

• Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    iloveyou.gif 7 & 9!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    I think #2 is my favorite. Classic framing, sharp, vibrant color, a beautiful background that doesn't distract from the couple, and a great pose. Well done, Cat.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
  • Options
    jamaizjamaiz Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    Excellent work. My favorite would be #10 followed very closely by #7 and #3.
    No matter where you go; there you are
    Regards
    James
    www.jamespatephotography.com
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited March 21, 2010
    Awesome shots. If we're supposed to rate them, I'd say 1, 10, 6, and 11, followed very closely by every single other one. Ok, 9 I'm not in love with. But otherwise, these are really, really, good. bowdown.gif

Cheers,
    -joel
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    Hey girl! Love that you got!! iloveyou.gif
    1 - (Dancing shot) Very pretty
    2 - (Kiss at fireplace). Wonderful light!!
    3 - (couple sitting in little booth) .... hmmmm, not quite "agreeing" with that one, I personally don't like the perspective. If you would have gone down to their eye level I think this pic could have been much better deal.gif
    4 & 5 - (cake topper) - Haha! thumb.gif
    6 - (shot outside). SUCH a nice shot, but I woudl have tried to persuade her to take off this jacket :cry
    7 - (Kiss outside) Ohhhh-lalala :Diloveyou.gif
    8 - (Dancing veil shot) thumb.gif
    9 - (Ring shot) - She did it again :D I'd crop / lone out the thingy on the left ....
    10 - (Bride looking at reflection). Nicely done!
    11 - (Bride / veil shot). Nice, classic shot, ... did you get an other one of her looking up at you?
    12 - (Couple kissing outside). Ohhhhh-lalalalalala. :D Love it

clap.gif
  • Options
    WeiselWeisel Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    I really like this bunch! It's funny though how we all have our preferences. One of your first commenters loves #2, while I say it's my LEAST fave. It's just so traditional. BUt not puttin ya down, I'm just making a point how we all like different things. Traditional or not, you still nailed the shot.

My favorite is #1 all the way! Then, 7, 10 , 11. Great stuff! Good solid quality photography.
    Canon 5D MK IV | 24-70 2.8L USM | 50mm F1.4 USM | 70-200mm F2.8L | AB 800 light | 430EXII speedlight (x2) | Lowel iLight | Cybersync remotes | bag of trail mix |
    My Weddings WebsiteBlog
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    Wow thanks for all the great commentary / feedback!

Yeah I agree it's amusing to read the feedback on how some people love what other people just didn't think that much of :)

Angie: I have some with and some without jacket there, but I just loved the way her veil and everything flowed for that one. And yes for the me looking down on her shot, I do have some of her looking up. Still editing lots! :)
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    Shima wrote:
    Wow thanks for all the great commentary / feedback!

Yeah I agree it's amusing to read the feedback on how some people love what other people just didn't think that much of :)

Angie: I have some with and some without jacket there, but I just loved the way her veil and everything flowed for that one. And yes for the me looking down on her shot, I do have some of her looking up. Still editing lots! :)

Some people might love and some might be headscratch.gif with things.

that cake looks good to eat.... I need to stop looking at cakes. :D
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    5 and 7 are my favorites, did you get any verticals of 7 that are not tilted, that is such a great setting.

On the first clone that siren light off the top of his head.

Looks like the couple is having fun, I bet this wedding was a blast to shoot.

Very nice series in a very nice setting of a very attractive couple...Kudos to you!!
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    I looked at all of them, GREAT JOB! very nice. Cool place too. Congrats!!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    jamaizjamaiz Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    Weisel wrote:
    I really like this bunch! It's funny though how we all have our preferences. Your first commenter loves #2, while I say it's my LEAST fave. It's just so traditional. BUt not puttin ya down, I'm just making a point how we all like different things. Traditional or not, you still nailed the shot.

My favorite is #1 all the way! Then, 7, 10 , 11. Great stuff! Good solid quality photography.

Just to qualify my original post.
    The photographs are all wonderful and an inspiration. It's interesting that you mentioned preferences, as my wife was viewing the gallery with me last night and it was different images again that caught her eye.
    No matter where you go; there you are
    Regards
    James
    www.jamespatephotography.com