edited March 23, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
My son and one of our dogs. :D

Opinions and CC appreciated. :)

814127404_nxs3e-L.jpg

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    A wonderful photo thumb.gif

I like the look on both your son and dogs face. Each thinking their own thoughts, but inseparable.
  • AmyMathewsAmyMathews Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited March 22, 2010
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    HI Amy,
    My only nit is the feet/paws cut off--but it is really a great moment you caught. Both so pensive and there for each other. Very very sweet capture.clap.gif
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Deanna AlkoDeanna Alko Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    Terrific capture! I like the composition and the way you've processed the image.

Thanks for sharing.
    - Deanna
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    Howdy Amy,

What a beautiful image on so many levels, from the wonderful lighting and tones to the Subject itself.

I agree with Liz, I don't think a little cropping off the bottom up to the pant's legs of the young boy, and the left side to the edge of the shadow on the Pups back. These items below and to the left are distracting and pull the viewers eye away from the main theme.

Regardless, a warm, beautiful image.

Kindest Regards,

Craig
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • wendellwendell Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    Terrific shot and subject. I could just sit and stare at their expressions and wonder where they are, in that moment.
  • invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2010
    I agree about the paws/limbs being chopped. You might want to try adding some vignetting to darken the limbs area and turn the viewer's attention away from it, just to see if it makes a difference.

The body of the pooch looks a tad hot from here, but it might just be my monitor.

The above being said, this is a very beautiful photo and the moment that you captured is perfection. Love it.
    I steal the soul of inanimate things.

Federico
    Website / Flickr