Exposure bracketing Nikon d300

acollard22acollard22 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited March 26, 2010 in Technique
Can anybody tell me how to bracket exposure on the nikon d300? I read the book, called nikon support, etc, but nothing so far

Comments

• cab.in.bostoncab.in.boston Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    acollard22 wrote:
    Can anybody tell me how to bracket exposure on the nikon d300? I read the book, called nikon support, etc, but nothing so far

Welcome to DGrin!

I don't have a D300 (my D90 has a bracket button on it, can't figure out why they don't have that on the D300), but it looks like the settings are controlled in CSM e5/e6/e7. I think you can set the Fn button to control bracketing, even though there is not a dedicated button.

See D300 review on DPreview

e5,e6,e7, and e8 I think from the review in dpreview.

Maybe someone who shoots with a D300 can describe how they do it.

A worse case scenario, would be to mount your camera on a tripod in manual mode, and shoot 3-5 frames as brackets by varying the shutter speed. Not as convenient, but how lots of folks do do it.
    Father, husband, dog lover, engineer, Nikon shooter
    My site 365 Project
  • acollard22acollard22 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 23, 2010
    I don't have a D300 (my D90 has a bracket button on it, can't figure out why they don't have that on the D300), but it looks like the settings are controlled in CSM e5/e6/e7. I think you can set the Fn button to control bracketing, even though there is not a dedicated button.

See D300 review on DPreview

e5,e6,e7, and e8 I think from the review in dpreview.

Maybe someone who shoots with a D300 can describe how they do it.

A worse case scenario, would be to mount your camera on a tripod in manual mode, and shoot 3-5 frames as brackets by varying the shutter speed. Not as convenient, but how lots of folks do do it.[/quote]
  • acollard22acollard22 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 23, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll give a try.:)

update...from nikon support

To set exposure bracketing, press and hold the Fn button and rotate the main command dial to set the number of shots. Then while holding the Fn button rotate the the sub command dial to set the exposure increment. To cancel bracketing, hold in the Fn button and rotate the main command dial until the number of frames shows 0.

OK!>>>(set function button to control bracketing first)
  • JAS_PhotoJAS_Photo Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 26, 2010
    Here is a You Tube video that explains it. Make sure your camera is in aperature priority to start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0Oa2zyYaJk