texas Wildflowers are Blooming - Part II

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited March 24, 2010 in Landscapes
The bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrush just exploded over the last couple of days. I made an early morning trip on Friday; hope to make a late afternoon trip tomorrow to try for a sunset. Here are a few shots for you; more are in my Texas Hill Country gallery.

C&C always appreciated.

816295049_suKpW-L.jpg

816292391_h8uNs-L.jpg

816257628_NHBHH-L.jpg

814325992_vnkDG-L.jpg

811362487_ABD8N-L.jpg

6 One of the roads I discovered; bluebonnet fields were on both sides along this road
814332052_KdSm7-L.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• acowanacowan Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    Nice colors! A couple suggestions for the last two shots. As mentioned in one of your previous threads, getting down on the ground for #5 would help separate the bush/twigs from the tree line in the background. I would also simplify the comp to be flowers, bush, sky rather than being interrupted by the tree line in the background (it will probably still be there, just not as prominently). I like the idea on the last image. If you have a zoom in the range of 200mm you should zoom to the part of the road where the trees start surrounding it. I don't know if you thought of that and opted for a WA shot but I'm just suggesting it. A nice colorful set nonetheless...thumb.gif
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    Aaron - Thanks for the suggestion on changing the comp on #6. I do have a 70-300, so I'll pull it out and shoot this scene again. Don't know if I'll have a chance to redo #5 but I'll keep your suggestions in mind when composing other scenes today. I found lots of possible scenes in this area but many of them have the same trees in the background issue.

More to come . . .

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • CropnPunchCropnPunch Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited March 22, 2010
    You don't know how happy I am to see this! I have been counting the days (ok, months) to head that direction. I absolutely LOVE driving through the Hill Country and have said at least 100 times in the last 3 months, "I can hardly wait for the wildflowers to bloom!" I am just north of Ft Worth and hope to be heading down that direction in the next couple of weeks!

Thanks for sharing. They are beautiful!
    clap.gif
    edited March 22, 2010
    Debbi - The fields are covered!!! It will definitely be worth the drive. Let me know when you are headed down; I'll be glad to go out if you are looking for a shooting companion. Or I can give you the directions to the spots I've been shooting.

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • CropnPunchCropnPunch Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited March 22, 2010
    Thank you SO MUCH, Lauren! I just may take you up on that. Not sure which weekend it will be, but I know it will be soon!
  • ClamrollClamroll Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited March 23, 2010
    I really like number 6, and I'll second the comment about getting closer to the ground. It gives your pictures a much more interesting perspective, and can help you make more of your image great. When I look at that picture, I want to see more of the trees. The road's cool and twisted, but the surface of the road's a little boring. As far as zooms go, go mid or go wide, have fun and try different lenses. You'll be surprised how many times you think you'll get better shots with a long and end up doing better with a wide.

Overall, nice shots! Especially like the DoF in 1 :)thumb.gif
    Please Look At My Photography!
    http://www.AndyCalnan.com/
  • SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2010
    Clamroll wrote:
    I really like number 6, and I'll second the comment about getting closer to the ground. It gives your pictures a much more interesting perspective, and can help you make more of your image great. When I look at that picture, I want to see more of the trees. The road's cool and twisted, but the surface of the road's a little boring. As far as zooms go, go mid or go wide, have fun and try different lenses. You'll be surprised how many times you think you'll get better shots with a long and end up doing better with a wide.

Overall, nice shots! Especially like the DoF in 1 :)thumb.gif

No point in reiterating.... "ditto".
    I love the road shot and it's a spot where you could have a lot of fun taking a series from wide to narrow.
    We don't have flowers - yet. MUCH too early.ne_nau.gif
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • morgan20morgan20 Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited March 23, 2010
    I like #5
    edited March 24, 2010
    Here is another version of the road. I shot this the same time as the original #6 in this thread. It's a wider angle shot, same point in the road. I went back yesterday to reshoot but it was straight west in late afternoon late; I'll try to hit it early Fri morning.

Further C&C appreciated. I am grateful for everyone's comments. I hope to go back and keep working on this scene as I really like it.

818796852_n9jSm-L.jpg

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Numbers GuyNumbers Guy Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2010
    #4 is my favorite. I like the contrast of the flowers against the cactus. As another option, moving in closer on some of the flowers might have made them more interesting, especially if taken from ground level. Keep up the good work. I'm hoping the flowers start blooming here soon.
    Doug Vaughn
    http://www.dougvaughn.com
    Canon 5D MKII and more lenses than my wife thinks I can afford.
  • Melanie2323Melanie2323 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 24, 2010
    I really like #2. Great Shots!