Red Bull Racing F1 car

AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
edited March 22, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Here are some of Red Bull Racing's F1 car @ yesterdays Sport Relief event in Milton Keynes. The car is liveried for Sebastian Vettel.
Shot hand held, natural light in a shopping centre auditorium.

C&C always welcome.

816538767_mUwyN-L.jpg

816540337_USZXN-L.jpg

816541234_95HqK-L.jpg

816537507_Tm3ZK-L.jpg

Thanks for looking
Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams

Comments

• Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    That car is a couple years old but my how sexy the RB chassis is. Designed by Adrian Newey, one of the most amazing aerodynamicists in the world, it is always a contender.

The wide rear wing and low, sculpted front end and wing give it away as an older car. The newer cars have been redesigned to fit with rule changes limiting downforce all around to promote more passing, meaning a taller, skinnier rear wing and many differences out front.

Awesome shots though clap.gifclap I love me some F1!!!!bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif

Here's a shot (not mine) of a new F1 car....notice how tall and skinny the rear wing is and how wide and less curvy the front is. Also, the little air bending winglets have been removed per FIA rule changes.

Red-Bull-Racing-RB5-Renault_2.jpg
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    Thanks Matt.
    There wasn't any info around and I haven't seen any F1 yet this year, a couple of years old or not its the nearest I've been to one of these beasts.
    Its probably a good thing it was an older model as otherwise some smarta$$ from round here would have had it away for a joy ride. rolleyes1.gif

On 2nd thoughts if they'd realised they'd probably want this older version - it can go faster!
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    Oh, they're still turning some fast laps (read: as fast as they were with the increased downforce and horsepower of previous years eek7.gifhuheek7.gif)

Formula One is one seriously incredible sport with INSANE amounts of money spent, some of the most talented engineers in the world employed and is the base for some seriously minbending technology and handling characteristics.

Thanks for posting the shots....I am a F1 fanatic and absolutely love seeing the older cars. Things have changed a lot in the last few years.