First really nice weekend with my new D300s

ManticoreManticore Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited March 24, 2010 in Landscapes
Just some shots from around the neighborhood. I just got my new D300s on Friday and was dying to try it out!

4453204750_2ffe14ea1e.jpg

4453204062_d35d72fdc2.jpg

4452428013_516be44aa9.jpg

4452427537_1e3b478425.jpg
- Steve

D300S, MB10, Nikon 18-70, Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR, Tamron 90mm macro, Tokina 11-16 2.8, SB800

http://www.justastateofmind.com

Comments

• philiphutsonphiliphutson Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    Manticore wrote:
    Just some shots from around the neighborhood. I just got my new D300s on Friday and was dying to try it out!

I thought the first post from a new camera is supposed to be of a cat mwink.gif

I like the last one. The second to the last one would be great if you got down into those flowers and either showed a little more of the town or none of the town.

The last one looks familiar. Where are these shots from? Based on some of your previous posts it and the green grass with the oaks it could be anywhere from the central coast of California to Santa Rosa.
    -Philip
    If you want to see paradise simply look around and see it.
    -Willy Wonka
  • ManticoreManticore Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    I thought the first post from a new camera is supposed to be of a cat mwink.gif

I like the last one. The second to the last one would be great if you got down into those flowers and either showed a little more of the town or none of the town.

The last one looks familiar. Where are these shots from? Based on some of your previous posts it and the green grass with the oaks it could be anywhere from the central coast of California to Santa Rosa.
    -Philip

Yeah - thought I'd break that trend :D

These were taken in Concord and Clayton, CA. I live on the border of these two towns, so these were within a mile of my house. It's a really beautiful area! As to your comments on the 2nd to the last photo - yeah, I would have liked to have gotten different angles there, but it's a private golf course so I couldn't really get any closer.
    - Steve

D300S, MB10, Nikon 18-70, Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR, Tamron 90mm macro, Tokina 11-16 2.8, SB800

http://www.justastateofmind.com
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2010
    Congrats on the new camera! And wow, NorCal? Frankly, my first thought was "Hawaii" when I saw the green, mountain, and clouds. lol3.gif
  • ChiShutterChiShutter Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2010
    schmoo wrote:
    Congrats on the new camera! And wow, NorCal? Frankly, my first thought was "Hawaii" when I saw the green, mountain, and clouds. lol3.gif
    It's only green like that for a few precious months each year. You should see it from June to October -- the hills dry out and turn totally yellow. At least, they did in the parts of CA I lived in.
  • Numbers GuyNumbers Guy Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2010
    Awesome green! I lived in CA until 5 years ago. I know what you mean about the small window of opportunity to catch green grass. Usually mid-March to about the end of April was it. Nice shots, and very familiar looking.
    Doug Vaughn
    http://www.dougvaughn.com
    Canon 5D MKII and more lenses than my wife thinks I can afford.