Karaoke in silhouette

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited March 23, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Morning all:)

I've been kicking myself since the "silhouette challenge" round a few weeks ago, where I entered a shadow instead of a silhouette--I talked myself into saying they were one in the same.

I finally got a silhouette I'm happy with. No PP work on this, SOOC except for some cropping on the left.

C&C welcome.

815746133_UUnnq-XL-1.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited March 22, 2010
    clap.gifclapclap.gif The highlights on the eye and above the lip really make this a great shot.
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    clap.gifclapclap.gif The highlights on the eye and above the lip really make this a great shot.

Thank you Richard:D .
    I was really happy with how it turned out. I was surprised it wasn't too soft, she kept dancing aroundrolleyes1.gif
    Liz A.
    _________
  • wendellwendell Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    Thank you Richard:D .
    I was really happy with how it turned out. I was surprised it wasn't too soft, she kept dancing aroundrolleyes1.gif

Hi Liz, great shot. I'm with Richard, all the highlights are in just the right places, and just enough shadow detail on her front torso to make it interesting. That microphone looks huge. The material hanging in the large hot highlight area breaks it up nicely to help hold it all together.
  • invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    I agree with Richard. No highlights, no expression. That subtle detail makes a big difference, and the resulting photo is flat-out magic.

Agree also with the mic looking huge --it provides a sense of scale that tells us that the little girl was really tiny :)
    I steal the soul of inanimate things.

Federico
    Website / Flickr
    edited March 23, 2010
    wendell wrote:
    Hi Liz, great shot. I'm with Richard, all the highlights are in just the right places, and just enough shadow detail on her front torso to make it interesting. That microphone looks huge. The material hanging in the large hot highlight area breaks it up nicely to help hold it all together.

Thank you Wendell.
    The mic is huge and LOUD, but she is still little, almost 3.

This is a fine example of a shot not to tweak too much I guess. Sometimes overprocessing is my downfall.

Thanks for commenting:)
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited March 23, 2010
    invisible wrote:
    I agree with Richard. No highlights, no expression. That subtle detail makes a big difference, and the resulting photo is flat-out magic.

Agree also with the mic looking huge --it provides a sense of scale that tells us that the little girl was really tiny :)

Hi Federico,
    I think this shot will be one I treasure down the road.
    It will remind me of how tiny she was and how loud!

Plus as a mom, I melt when I see the details of her profile!

Glad you guys liked it too!

Thanks for commenting.
    Liz A.
    _________