My experiments with Light Painting technique on Portraits

alexanderfedinalexanderfedin Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited March 23, 2010 in People

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    Really like the second one, a lot!!! thumb.gif

First one, the light angles were going in different directions and that didn't work for me as well. Face seems lit by an opening that is tilted about 10-degrees, and the lap by 90-degrees...
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • alexanderfedinalexanderfedin Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited March 22, 2010
    Do you think that having thelight coming from the same direction...?
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Really like the second one, a lot!!! thumb.gif

First one, the light angles were going in different directions and that didn't work for me as well. Face seems lit by an opening that is tilted about 10-degrees, and the lap by 90-degrees...

Do you think that having the light coming from the same direction should look better? Will try to re-shoot this one.

Now, tell me about the third one, man!
    edited March 22, 2010
    Do you think that having the light coming from the same direction should look better? Will try to re-shoot this one.

Now, tell me about the third one, man!

It might. Personal taste. I'm sure someone will chime in with a "Love #1!!!!". Funny thing about art... Of course, if they were in parallel, then it would look like light coming through louvres. As it is, it is something very different that may work for a bunch of folks..

Third one I didn't have strong emotion on. It didn't really move me, but I couldn't say why in particular. I'm okay with the color [sort of oompa loompa meets Jedi Knight]. What effect were you going for?
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
  • alexanderfedinalexanderfedin Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited March 22, 2010
    No disclosure :-)
    adbsgicom wrote:
    It might. Personal taste. I'm sure someone will chime in with a "Love #1!!!!". Funny thing about art... Of course, if they were in parallel, then it would look like light coming through louvres. As it is, it is something very different that may work for a bunch of folks..

Third one I didn't have strong emotion on. It didn't really move me, but I couldn't say why in particular. I'm okay with the color [sort of oompa loompa meets Jedi Knight]. What effect were you going for?

Andrew, it would be unfair to tell you what exactly I'd like to express in the third photo. If you do not feel it - something is wrong with my way.
    I do not like that if an art piece should be explained. It is like a joke - if it was not understood - it is not a joke then. Not a good one, at least.
    edited March 22, 2010
    Andrew, it would be unfair to tell you what exactly I'd like to express in the third photo. If you do not feel it - something is wrong with my way.
    I do not like that if an art piece should be explained. It is like a joke - if it was not understood - it is not a joke then. Not a good one, at least.

Bear in mind, I'm an engineer ;-)
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
  • BrewsterBrewster Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2010
    Definitely #2, and #1 in that order.
    #2 reminds me of a smoke filled blues bar somehow.