3rd Attempt at Family Portraits

kris10jokris10jo Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
edited March 24, 2010 in People
I shot these last month for a friend who had never had portraits of her family done. I'm always looking to improve, so feedback is most welcome. Thanks for looking!

794487880_RbPod-M.jpg

794490632_5CxDz-M.jpg

794490913_4YL9Q-M.jpg

794493961_XJPRv-M.jpg

817195310_kTpx5-M.jpg

817196414_J5vUa-M.jpg
Kristen

Comments

• zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    It all starts with selecting a good background that will not compete with your subjects.

There was some nice family interaction in the photos looks like they were having fun.
  • kris10jokris10jo Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2010
    Thanks, zoomer. They are a fun family. The property we shot these at has been in her family for a long time, so I was trying to incorporate that a little in the photos. But you're right, the background does seem to be competing for attention in some of them.
    Kristen
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2010
    Cute family! My favorite is #2 (too bad the little guy wasn't looking though!). The only suggestion I have (only because I recently did a family shoot with kids this age)...would have been to have them take off their jackets. I was shooting an 8 and 5 year old, and although it was cold I still had them take off the jackets. It gives the portraits a more casual/ comfy feel...otherwise nice interaction! I also love the kiss on Mommy's cheek and the couple alone ! Nice job!
  • kris10jokris10jo Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2010
    Thanks, Kelly. I wish the younger brother had been looking at the camera, too, but he was so shy at the beginning. I felt so special when he started warming up to me! Coats off would have been good, too, but after looking at the clothes, I think she had all black in mind. I know it's not the ideal setup for wardrobe, but one more thing to learn and remember. :)

Thanks again!
    Kristen