Options

Easy Batch Color Profile Conversion

ClamrollClamroll Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited March 23, 2010 in Finishing School
Oh boy, so I'm in a pickle! I'm ashamed to admit that I'm just now figuring out that I was horribly misinformed about shooting in Adobe color space instead of sRGB. After reading details at smugmug's wonderful tutorials, and playing with Photoshop, I completely understand why I was never happy with my skintones in prints, and why my landscapes needed some skilled color correction. Up until a few weeks ago I worked at a photo lab, so I always assumed our printer wasn't up to par, or since I was the most versed in digital that I was just lacking.

Well I was lacking. So now, I have a load of images in Adobe color space that I need converted to sRGB. I've created a macro, but that'll take forever to go through everything. Photoshop keeps my image looking fine through the conversion only if I let it flatten the image (or use a jpg/ flat tiff).

So here's my questions:

1) Is there a way to convert color profiles and preserve appearance without flattening a PSD

2) Is there an easy way to automate this?

Many thanks ahead of time for any help on this. I did a forum search, and while I found a lot, nothing seemed to pertain to this.
Please Look At My Photography!
http://www.AndyCalnan.com/