Anza-Borrego

shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
edited March 26, 2010 in Landscapes
Hi guys,

Made a quick trip to Anza-Borrego State Park this weekend. Was a lot of fun, barring a couple of heart attacks. The drive to Font's Point is on a dirt road and my initial plan was to leave my car where the dirt road starts and hike 4 miles (one way) to the point. My camping buddies, however convinced me to take my car up that road and it ended up being quite the adventure.

Here are some shots from my trip. I intend to go there again as I see a lot of photographic possibilities.

819060212_wjGje-L.jpg

817312817_RNq36-L.jpg

817182918_afSQo-L.jpg

Cheers,

Comments

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited March 23, 2010
    Heck of a sunrise there, Nikhil! :wow Love that orange sky and layering. Looks like an interesting place, and not too far from home for me either.
  • shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2010
    kdog wrote:
    Heck of a sunrise there, Nikhil! :wow Love that orange sky and layering. Looks like an interesting place, and not too far from home for me either.

Hi Joel,

Yeah it was quite a surprise for me too. My friends and I were heading towards the wildflowers when we saw this sunrise- we just pulled over and began shooting. So unfortunately, we don't have any interesting foreground- we never thought that the sunrise would be so rich in color.

Definitely worth checking out, if you live that close. mwink.gif

Cheers,
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2010
    Sweet sunrise, Nikhil! Awesome intense orange (being a HUGE Syracuse basketball fan, I say it's the perfect sunrise for the season! rolleyes1.gif )

How were the wildflowers? I'll be camping in McCain Valley (near the southern tip of Anza-Borrego) this weekend. I'm looking forward to some wildflowers blooming!
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
    edited March 23, 2010
    CWSkopec wrote:
    Sweet sunrise, Nikhil! Awesome intense orange (being a HUGE Syracuse basketball fan, I say it's the perfect sunrise for the season! rolleyes1.gif )

How were the wildflowers? I'll be camping in McCain Valley (near the southern tip of Anza-Borrego) this weekend. I'm looking forward to some wildflowers blooming!

Hi Chris,

The wildflowers are a bloomin'. Definitely go the the Palm Canyon Trailhead and hike up to the Palm Oasis. It's a 1.5 mile hike one-way and there are loads of wildflowers there. Try and get there early morning or in the evening for the best light. You could also drive along the S22 and there are wildflowers along that way too (towards Font's Point and the Salton Sea).

Here's one taken at Palm Canyon. The lighting is flat as it was around 11 AM, but it gives you an idea.

817198737_YFXM2-L-1.jpg

Have fun.

Cheers,
  • morgan20morgan20 Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited March 23, 2010
    the first one is amazing. Is it the real color?
    edited March 23, 2010
    morgan20 wrote:
    the first one is amazing. Is it the real color?

Yeah the colors in that part are really rich. mwink.gif

Cheers,
  • JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2010
    great photos
    Great photos. I haven't been to Palm Canyon since it burned- have the Palms recovered?
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
    edited March 24, 2010
    kolibri wrote:
    Great photos. I haven't been to Palm Canyon since it burned- have the Palms recovered?

Yeah I think so. I did not see any evidence of a fire (or maybe I did not go to that area). mwink.gif

Cheers,
  • acowanacowan Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2010
    The first picture is great! I can see how there'd be may photographic possibilities. Nice setclap.gif
  • dlsdls Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2010
    Love #1. The layers of colors, texture in the landscape make this a wonderful photo and spot. Hope to visit it one of these days. thumb.gif