Options

SOLD: canon 100 2.8 macro

jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
edited August 13, 2005 in Flea Market
SOLD!

Pristine copy--lightly used and much loved. One of my favorite lenses and sharp as a tack. Completely indistinguishable from new except for the pricedeal.gif

Yours for $385 shipped in the lower 48. Paypal CC add 3%.

I am the original owner and am a non-smoker. Will send pics to interested parties. Please check my feedback here and on FM under jlapoint.

-jeff

Comments

• Options
    BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2005
    Pristine copy--lightly used and much loved. One of my favorite lenses and sharp as a tack. Completely indistinguishable from new except for the pricedeal.gif

Yours for $385 shipped in the lower 48. Paypal CC add 3%.

I am the original owner and am a non-smoker. Will send pics to interested parties. Please check my feedback here and on FM under jlapoint.

-jeff
    I'd love to buy this Jeff - only problem is I'm on the other side of the world :cry

regards
    alan
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2005
    BigAl wrote:
    I'd love to buy this Jeff - only problem is I'm on the other side of the world :cry

regards
    alan

shipping is much much less than you think.
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2005
    andy wrote:
    shipping is much much less than you think.
    I see I can at least pay using PayPal now. Historically South Africa was not accepted as a PayPal approved country.

So Jeff, wanna do some extra effort to find out the costs to send abroad? mwink.gif

regards
    alan
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2005
    Im nearly as far from the target as you BigAl...i sent a 4kg box to New York 2 months back & it was only about equiv 200 R. So it can be quite cheap.

Insurance may be another matter.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2005
    BigAl wrote:
    I see I can at least pay using PayPal now. Historically South Africa was not accepted as a PayPal approved country.

So Jeff, wanna do some extra effort to find out the costs to send abroad? mwink.gif

regards
    alan

you can check yourself :D go to usps.com and navigate the menus. for an address, pick 24 East 40th street, ny ny 10016 - it'll do just fine for estimation purposes.

i shipped a 20d box to an ozzie buyer, and it was only about $50
    i shipped a 10d to a swedish buyer, it was maybe $70 or so

then you can decide if it's worth it, alan :D of course, the seller's got to want to ship it as well, so, it's up to him :D
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2005
    andy wrote:
    you can check yourself :D go to usps.com and navigate the menus. for an address, pick 24 East 40th street, ny ny 10016 - it'll do just fine for estimation purposes.

i shipped a 20d box to an ozzie buyer, and it was only about $50
    i shipped a 10d to a swedish buyer, it was maybe $70 or so

then you can decide if it's worth it, alan :D of course, the seller's got to want to ship it as well, so, it's up to him :D
    Thanks for that info Andy. Just looked it up (it didn't ask for addresses!), for a 1.5lb airmail package with insurance on $400 it comes to $27.60. I didn't include some of the extras as I dunno what they do (return receipt and pickup). 4-10 days delivery too.

regards
    alan
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2005
    BigAl wrote:
    Thanks for that info Andy. Just looked it up (it didn't ask for addresses!), for a 1.5lb airmail package with insurance on $400 it comes to $27.60. I didn't include some of the extras as I dunno what they do (return receipt and pickup). 4-10 days delivery too.

regards
    alan
    Thanks for the interest Alan! As much as I'd like to be able to ship overseas, I'm just not able to do so at this time. Best of luck to you in finding the lens you want! Thanks again!

-jeff
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2005
    some photos of the lens in case there is any other interest...

31730769-L.jpg

31730770-L.jpg

31730771-L.jpg

31730772-L.jpg

and some pictures I took with the lens

8866140-L.jpg

8865863-L.jpg

21791603-L.jpg

18330631-L.jpg
  • Options
    Nee7x7Nee7x7 Registered Users Posts: 459 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2005
    Ohhhh....you're making me drool!
    Hi Jeff,

I'm interested...just not sure about whether I can justify buying it right now rolleyes1.gif . How does the paypal method work? (I'd have to put it on plastic). I have no idea here...is this a pretty good deal? The lens looks good...the pics are awesome. I'm wondering...why are you selling it? ~Nee
    http://nee.smugmug.com[/COLOR]
    http://www.pbase.com/rdavis

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried~
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2005
    Nee7x7 wrote:
    Hi Jeff,

I'm interested...just not sure about whether I can justify buying it right now rolleyes1.gif . How does the paypal method work? (I'd have to put it on plastic). I have no idea here...is this a pretty good deal? The lens looks good...the pics are awesome. I'm wondering...why are you selling it? ~Nee
    Thanks for the interest Nee! Glad you like the pics. I'm selling for financial reasons unfortunately and because the lens, while one of my favorites, is currently my least used. I started out doing macro photography and now I try mostly wildlife.

-j
  • Options
    ChaseChase Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2005
    Too bad you sold it, Im in socal and probably coulda picked it up.....:cry
    www.chase.smugmug.com
    I just press the button and the camera goes CLICK. :dunno
    Canon: gripped 20d and 30d, 10-22 3.5-4.5, 17-55 IS, 50mm f1.8, 70-200L IS, 85mm f1.8, 420ex
    sigma: 10-20 4-5.6 (for sale), 24-70 2.8 (for sale), 120-300 2.8