Church at Dusk

ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
edited June 20, 2004 in Landscapes
This church said take a picture of me ... so I did.
10 second exposure ,5.6 ,iso 50.

5032655-L.jpg

Whatcha think?

Tim

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2004
    Wow..10 seconds tim ? was it almost night ? Good catch.
  • ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2004
    Yup 10 seconds. Here at this time of year the sun sets at 9:50 pm this was taken at 10:31pm so there still was some light in the sky .
    Curves in PS brought out more light.I went to take a night /dusk skyline shot of the City and this was behind me.
  • damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2004
    Beautiful. Is that an Orthodox church?
    Shakey wrote:
    Yup 10 seconds. Here at this time of year the sun sets at 9:50 pm this was taken at 10:31pm so there still was some light in the sky .
    Curves in PS brought out more light.I went to take a night /dusk skyline shot of the City and this was behind me.
    edited June 11, 2004
    I think so .. as I left I thought Doh! I should have got the name of that Church.
    I was to busy chimping I guess:D

Here is another view at 15 second exposure with a street light in upper left hand corner

5041232-M.jpg
  • damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2004
    Cool colours...
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2004
    Shakey wrote:
    5041232-S.jpg

That's a sweet concept, Shakey. What would it look like if you did multiple exposures off of a tripod, and then layered the appropriate bits so the bright light to the left was entirely muted, the green was middle intensity and the point of focus, the domed church, was the brightest?

Just wondering if that's possilble and if it would focus one's attention on the church, while also retaining the great effect of the green steps and eliminating the distracting bright light?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited June 20, 2004
    Yes good idea ,however if I came up with that originally people might get the idea I know what I am doing. rolleyes1.gif
    Well your idea will prompt me for a reshoot and if the weather cooperates,
    I will attempt to do as you say,bracketing my shots and layering in PS.

Thanks for the input Waxy thumb.gif