Sunrise at the beach plus more!!

Coleman PhotographyColeman Photography Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
edited March 24, 2010 in Landscapes
Well I went down to the beach the other morning to shoot the sunrise, and thought I ended up with a few nice ones. CC welcome!

This was my first shot of the morning.

818134310_Fxy3h-L.jpg

This one was taken about 30min later after the sun had risen and the clouds were nice.
818134672_XDDJz-L.jpg

818136231_4Ewvp-L.jpg

818135958_HMJaQ-L.jpg

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2010
    You have to work at leveling your horizons in the color ones. Aside from that these are excellent images.

Are the first two HDR?

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • jovittajovitta Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2010
    Very good
    I like your work, I don't want to sound like I am critiqueing your work but I see a lot of dust spots in your photo's, your camera sensor seems a little dirty.
    Jovitta
    BE YOURSELF FRIENDS WILL LIKE YOU FOR YOUR OWN UNIQUE PERSONALITY AND STYLE
    http://jeffovittphotography.com
    Member; NANPA
    Equipment: Canon 5D, 1DS, 16-35 F2.8, 70-200 F4, 580EX Flash, Galen Rowell GND filters, Singh-Ray Vari-ND filter, Lee filter holder,Gitzo 2227 tripod & monfotto 3221 tripod, Gitzo GH2780QR ballhead,
    Epson 3880 pro pinter, CS5, Nik software complete edition, Photomatix.
  • Coleman PhotographyColeman Photography Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2010
    DonRicklin wrote:
    You have to work at leveling your horizons in the color ones. Aside from that these are excellent images.

Are the first two HDR?

Don

Thanks you. Yes I did miss the horrizons, I will have to fix that. And actually they are all shot in hdr. All are 3 bracket shots merged in photomatix and a tad more pp in ps.
  • Coleman PhotographyColeman Photography Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2010
    jovitta wrote:
    I like your work, I don't want to sound like I am critiqueing your work but I see a lot of dust spots in your photo's, your camera sensor seems a little dirty.
    Jovitta

Thanks for the compliment. My sensor is dirty I have to send it in to get cleaned. I cloned out as much as possible.
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2010
    Crop the blurry part off the bottom in 4, take off the white border, then that would be a cool shot.
    Looks like you are having fun out working on some things.
    As mentioned....with landscapes...three things will kill the shot.
    Tilted horizons, sensor dust, distracting logo, unfortunately all three are present in these.
    Looks like you have a decent eye for seeing the shot, work on execution.
    edited March 24, 2010
    ^ thanks for yhe tips, em fixing the horrizon in them now. As for sensor dust I cant really do anything about. I cloned out as much a possible.
  • DeeCajunDeeCajun Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2010
    I love the feel of these.. especially number 4...

thank you for sharing them!
  • ChiShutterChiShutter Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2010
    It's weird... #2 is my favorite, but I find myself simultaneously loving and hating the HDR "look". I find myself thinking: "That's awesome! But it's a bit too... glowy. But that's what's awesome about it! Yeah but it looks wrong. But it looks awesome!" :D

headscratch.gif
    edited March 24, 2010
    DeeCajun wrote:
    I love the feel of these.. especially number 4...

thank you for sharing them!

Thank you. Im glad people like them my fav out of the bunch is one. I just love the early morning feel of it.
    edited March 24, 2010
    ChiShutter wrote:
    It's weird... #2 is my favorite, but I find myself simultaneously loving and hating the HDR "look". I find myself thinking: "That's awesome! But it's a bit too... glowy. But that's what's awesome about it! Yeah but it looks wrong. But it looks awesome!" :D

headscratch.gif

haha I processed it with no hdr and then did it with and the with hdr def looked better imo.